Mac Book pro

Hi guys,

My daughter’s MacBook pro won’t start. It was working well until she did a software update. After the update, which probably took about 10 min, it prompted her to restart, she did. But it didn’t restart and won’t start now. When I push on the start button, the little light comes on then it flickers then it goes off as if the computer is turned off. I tried the Alt-Start but I couldn’t get the Apple logo as the screen stayed dark and the little light went off again.

The computer is not a year old yet. It was bought in August 2012. It is still under warranty but there is a little dent on the cover which was done last year as something fell on the cover. It didn’t affect any of its functions then but I’m kind of afraid that Apple may use this to void the warranty.

There is a certified Apple tech place near and I plan to bring it there on Monday but I thought I would check here first.

Sounds like an interrupted firmware update.

You’ve tried holding the power button for 10 seconds?

If you can get if to an apple store, they’ll be better than an authorized place (that wants to make money).

The Apple Store replaced my MacBook Air’s screen for free when it was obviously cracked. The authorized place wanted $700 to do it.

[quote=“MiG”]Sounds like an interrupted firmware update.

You’ve tried holding the power button for 10 seconds? [/quote]

Yes

[quote=“MiG”]If you can get if to an apple store, they’ll be better than an authorized place (that wants to make money).

The Apple Store replaced my MacBook Air’s screen for free when it was obviously cracked. The authorized place wanted $700 to do it.[/quote]

No Apple store near. Just a Jump+