Lotto

Anyone know what happened to lotto store in the mall?

The Last Owners seem to be facing some rather heavy legal matters with the lottery people and I believe that Sonny or someone from Eddie’s News will be taking it over .

I think the lottery corp took over operations of it from the previous owner in November and had someone else run it. That person did run into some serious legal issues and about a week after being found guilty in court in late January they were removed from the lotto centre.
Was closed for about a week and was reopened about a week ago with another local businessman taking over.

Lots of rumors going around regarding the issue, I wonder if there’s going to be any official statement?

the tax man cometh for previous owner

Prince Rupert Woman Pleads Guilty to Tax Evasion

Daphe Ling Receives Conditional Sentence and Fines

Grace Sullivan

1/26/2012

Prince Rupert resident, Daphne Ling pleaded guilty to tax evasion and was sentenced in Prince Rupert Provincial Court on Monday with fines totaling almost 53 thousand dollars.

Ling also received an 18 month conditional sentence with 30 hours of community service.

A Canadian Revenue Agency investigation found that Ling and her husband Daniel ran a non-existent health food partnership called Ling’s Trading.

Also reported were false business losses between the 2005 and 2007 taxation years totaling roughly 160 thousand dollars.

The audit also revealed that the Lings failed to report approximately 182 thousand dollars in net business incomes from commissions, incentives, break open ticket profits, and other income as agents for the BC Lottery Corporation.

cra-arc.gc.ca/nwsrm/cnvctns/ … 5-eng.html

The article direct from Revenue Canada

That’s not the same couple that ran the little sub shop down the street from Teddy’s, is it?

You bet it is .