Looking For

Does any one know of someone who can take 8mm film from a reel and transfer it onto a DVD or computer? or even if there is such a thing?

Also is there any one who can transfer slide pictures on to a DVD at a reasonable cost?

[quote=“Nicole”]Does any one know of someone who can take 8mm film from a reel and transfer it onto a DVD or computer? or even if there is such a thing?

Also is there any one who can transfer slide pictures on to a DVD at a reasonable cost?[/quote]

Ask the folks at Shutter Shack, I don’t believe they do transfers and such, but they do know who does.

As well, there are a few places in Prince George that offer that service.

Just do a google search of Prince George video transfers and a few pop up

I have contacted Shutter Shack and talked with them. They can do the slides but are pretty expensive and they don’t do the film reels. I did talk with someone in town that can do VHS to DVD but that was about it.

Thanks for the information about looking in Prince George. I will take a look.

the way i did it years back was simple and worked well, i took the 8mm projector and and a video camera a recorded the 8mm playing on the screen… you can buy a 8mm projector from ebay… and most newer video cameras output through firewire or usb to a computer… good luck…

[quote=“Nicole”]I have contacted Shutter Shack and talked with them. They can do the slides but are pretty expensive and they don’t do the film reels. I did talk with someone in town that can do VHS to DVD but that was about it.

Thanks for the information about looking in Prince George. I will take a look.[/quote]

there was a fellow on P.R. Facebook garage sales that said he can do this…just ask on that site… good luck!

Thanks for the help everyone. I will be checking out a place in PG in the near future.

Hi Costco’s does this. Very reasonable priced and great service. They use a company called YesVideo. Have done this many times. Go to their website; fill out the paperwork, next time you are near a Costco drop it off.