Looking for decent computer speakers

Anybody know what I should be looking at to get decent computer speakers?  -don’t want to pay an arm and a leg -just want decent speakers-preferably usb connection

any insight would be helpful

thanks  :smile:

Logitech X-240 Speakers
Item Number 675760

$69.95  Staples Terrace

Turn your computer into a powerful digital music center when you plug into your PC, iPod or MP3 player, even your cell phone.

* Features: Integrated Stowaway Cradle: Slide out to charge, sync or play your digital music player
    * Control Pod: Keep volume, power and your headphone jack at your fingertips
    * Stereo Headphone Jack: Enjoy your music privately whenever you want
    * High-excursion Drivers: Get rich, full sound from sleek speakers.
    * Real-time Bass Equalization: Maximize bass response and minimize distortion.
    * Ported Down-firing Subwoofer with 4" Drivers: Enjoy deeper bass thanks to greater air displacement
    * Sub-woofer: 15W RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 100Hz, @ 10% THD)
    * Satellites: Left/Right: 5W RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1khz, @ 10% THD)
    * Total peak power: 50W
    * Frequency response: 40Hz - 20kHz
    * Signal-to-noise ratio: greater than 96dB
    * Speaker dimensions: Satellites: 6.9"H x 2.6"W x 3.8"D, Subwoofer: 8.7"H x 5.9"W x 8.7"D.

2-year Limited Warranty.

* Included in the Box: Speakers: 2 satellites 1 subwoofer
    * Control center with integrated MP3 player cradle
    * Colour coded audio cable
    * MP3 player cable
    * iPod, iPod video, iPod nano adapters
    * Microsoft® Zuneâ„¢ adapter
    * User manual.

[attachments over a year old automatically deleted]

Have that set. Very good for the price  :smiley:

thanks for the info- think i’ll pick myself up a set as well  :smiley:

If you are willing to pay $50+ for a 2.1 system, then you might as well order the Logitech X540’s from NCIX.

I have the X540’s and they’re amazing for the price. They also sound better than a 200W stereo system I bought a couple of years ago.

That doesn’t mean much though. Just because it has a bunch of watts, doesn’t mean it’s a quality sound system.  :smiley:

Precisely my point?

Well, your claim is moot. No offence or anything. But you can’t really compare a set of computer speakers to a crappy 200W system. :stuck_out_tongue:

On another note, Logitech does seem to be an okay brand. Keep in mind, you really get what you pay for. If you want good quality, expect to pay a price for it. And unless you get a smokin’ deal during a sale, you won’t get GOOD audio for a cheap price, typically anyways.

I think you need to look up the definition of moot.  He said that they sounded better than his 200W sound system.

“Just because it has a bunch of watts, doesn’t mean it’s a quality sound system.”  He didn’t use the word quality at all.

I think you just misread his post, since your first reply basically made his point for him.

MiG, I think my point was. Why compare it, when you know it’s not a good comparison point???

ok stereo to x540 speakers perhaps was a bad comparison, how ever when comparing the x540 5.1 speakers for $85 plus shipping and taxes to the 2.1 speakers that you would have to leave town for spend money on gas and then pay $70 plus taxes for?

i’d take the x540’s over that no question, average same price, better quality, shipped to the door.  how ever I bought a $24 set of speakers myself.  purchased at the source.

don’t use them to often as my head phones are usually plugged into my sound card.  but what constitutes a good quality speaker set? no static? or no fuzz while listening to music? or movies? or being able to play your movies/music at max volume and having it clear? my speakers are clear as can be.

paid $30 with taxes, and they are as good as my last set I paid $50 for. but i’m not that big into sound quality as most.  I wouldn’t really know.  I guess maybe it all depends one what you plan on doing with the speakers, I play a lot of games and use headphones, and with the sound card my speakers/headphones are clear, and I hear a lot more sounds then I did before.  Just my thoughts.

"On another note, Logitech does seem to be an okay brand. Keep in mind, you really get what you pay for. If you want good quality, expect to pay a price for it. And unless you get a smokin’ deal during a sale, you won’t get GOOD audio for a cheap price, typically anyways. "

Logitech x240 in terrace for $70($55 on ncix),  Logitech x540 on ncix for $85.

you do get what you pay for, and would you rather pay for a good set of speakers from a whole sale warehouse? off a website at cost? or go to a diff city to pick up a set that has been marked up after shipping?

I saw a guy go into a store and buy a IDE dvd-rw for $80-$90 becuase it said lite scribe on the box, when you can just as easily go onto ncix and get a newer faster dvd-rw for around $24-$35  just because it has a really high price in the store doesn’t mean your getting a good quality product.

you have to remember that the store pays for the product, pays for the shipping, up’s the cost of the product to SRP adds the shipping, and bam they sell the product and make a bit of profit, it wouldn’t work for the seller any other way. 

I don’t own a business so I don’t know how it really works, but if I did I would not buy stuff at cost, get it shipped to my store, then sell it at cost, I would lose money paying for the shippin.