Looking for 1000sq ft + space to rent for Martial arts club

Sweet thats where clubfore used to be my uncle owned that place before its a bit small but take a few walls out and it should be a perfect place… Can you send me some information on what you are going to offer in the new future for MMA training thanks…

Glad that your plan is moving forward. Hope to see you set up soon. Have been watching the paper to see when you will offer your physical defense class for women.

Hoping to have things up and running for April first. I have to finish up my business model in the next few weeks but the numbers I’m playing with are 75$ for 1.5 hours 5 nights a week for the mma program or self-defence or youth/ mma light, and $100 for unlimited drop in’s from 10 am to 9 pm and all programs as long as there are not crowding issues. I am just in the process of making sure all my bases are covered legally and city/zone wise. I’m hoping to have equipment and suppliments for sale at the club as well as tee shirts. The name I have settled on is North Coast Mixed Martial Arts & Self-Defence. Feel free to send me an email if your interested at prmma@hotmail.com and I’ll try and keep you posted on things as the develop.

I will also offer a ladies crash course in self-defence that will be a 1 full day course on weekends periodically if i can get enough interest.

Just curious… what’s your qualifications for running a school? What’s your martial arts background?

First I wrestled some in Highschool. Then I trained for 4.5 years with 7th dan Chris Bissett in stand up Japanese/Military juijitsu/taijitsu, then I trained for 3.5 years with Toshido submission fighting in Kelowna. Former wka Muay Thai champion Vince Ross was the striking coach. David Lea was the Juijitsu / MMA coach. I have had no fights in the ring but trained with the fight team. I have also had boxing instruction by one of my best friends, former golden glove champ and World Freestyle Fighting lightweight champion Jason Towns. Many of the guys I used to train with are now champions in King of the Cage and Toshido is renouned for being one of the top fight clubs in Canada. I have also worked for the World Freestyle Fighting Championships in Kelowna, Vancouver and Vernon, for at least 7 events ( My friend Jay liked his title so much he bought the company, when it fell on hard times) and I have judged fights for Shut up and Fight, WFF, and King of the Cage:Megido and King of the Cage: Insurrection. I have taken seminars with juijitsu 10th dan Moses Powell, former UFC champ Carlos Newton, Former SHOOTO world champ Vitor Shaolin  Ribiero, and former World Brazilian Juijitsu Blackbelt champ and UFC coach Marc Laimon, among others. I have won a few grappling tournaments as well, including the gold at the 2003 Western Canadian Martial arts Challenge for advanced no-gi submission at 190lbs. Actually our team from Toshido took 9 out of 10 medals at the event!  I have been out of training for 3.5 years except for running and hitting the heavy bag due to health and personal reasons so I will be working on getting my self back into shape. I am not claiming I am David Lea or Vince Ross or Chriss Bissett lvl, but I have been around a long time and hope to build the club using many of the formulas for success of the great clubs i have trained at in the past.

I will be sharing my building with Stacked, a local supplier of mma equipment and supplements.

One final note, I, and the guys I am currently training with, really want to maintain a positive image in the community. I understand there are some wanna-be gangster types in town. I am not asking for or naming names, but we will not allow street thugs to train with us, and we will weed them out should i find out anyone is abusing the knowledge they learn at the club. 

i suppose you have some experience lol. you gonna do any kid orientated type stuff?

Thanks for the response. I think it’s great you are offering something like this in Rupert.

My old coach had an after school program from like 5- 12 or so, however I trained later on and didn’t see many of them but I am definitely open to the idea. I will first be looking into what other successful youth programs are doing first. Someone suggested to me that a joint parent/child class might be of interest as well, at a much lighter intensity.

Everything is good to go except for having a building. I have 3 strong candidates. Hope to have a firm commitment soon.

theres store fronts emptying every month in town maybe your list of candidates will grow  :imp:

Please post items for buying, selling, renting on this site:

rupertgaragesale.com

We prefer that you do not post items like this on HTMF.  Thank you.