LONG LIVE ANGUS MacDonald

Does anyone know when a memorial service is being held?

I believe there is no date as of yet but there will be a gathering at his house where friends may honor him and remember. I am sure it will be posted in time.

Wow!! I am Angus’s favorite nephew (his only one,  :smiley:) and it sure is great reading this thread and seeing how much of an impact Angus had on people’s lives. I would also like to acknowledge his friends and neighbours for their support and thoughtful deeds which really helped my mother (Angus’s sister) through a difficult time. It was great meeting everyone as well and I look forward to meeting people at the memorial. I believe the memorial will be on January 18. I will post here with the exact details when everything is finalized. There will also likely be something in the newspaper as well. Thanks for sharing the stories.

Dex and his mother, Marianne (Angus’s sister  :stuck_out_tongue: )

BTW, not that it would even matter to Angus (as per previous conversation) but his last name is spelled MacDonald. Just for giggles. 

Oops, well don’t I have Pie in the face.  :blush:  :blush:  :blush: It is Macdonald. Small “d”. Spilled a bit of coffee on the caps lock, thats what did it, yeah!! 

What a terrible loss.  I worked with Angus for 17 years.  He was so natural and the kids loved him.  They knew if they had a problem he would help work it out.  We had a lot of laughs together.  R.I.P Angus you will be missed.

I am thankful for the opportunity to have met Angus.  I remember him from Booth, and CHSS.  I always remember him holding my report cards in his hands shaking them and telling me that he knows I can do better. 

What a great teacher, counselor, and citizen.  RIP

Waren drive carefully on your way back now.

Thanks I will. I will take my time and enjoy the view. What a beautiful country we live in.

Miles to go before I sleep   

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there’s some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

poem by Robert Frost

Well stated Dex.

Your Uncle was quite the guy.  Always had the best intentions and always wokred on you till you felt good about yourself. Thanks Mr McD I owe you lots you were a wise man too bad there were not more people like you. Your journey is done, may you have a peaceful rest you deserve it. Slante till we meet again.

Well spoken Maxwell.

A celebration of life for Angus will be held at the Crest Hotel Sunday January 18 2009 from 1:00 - 3:00 pm.  Bring your thoughts and stories.

Do I have stories plus so many wonderful memories to always carry within me. Warren your uncle called me son for over twenty years and I will never forget that word as long as I live. Fine man he was and is in my heart but fisherman well there are the storys.

I haven’t been back to htmf in a long time, and I am probably forgotten or unknown to most of you, but when I heard today that Angus had died, I felt this odd urge to log in tonight and see what had already been said to honour this man that had been my friend and co-worker. There are so many good memories of the man that I need not add any more - you have all done him such good service with your memories. I wish I could be in PR for the service to wish condolences to the family and let them know that we are all honoured to have worked with a man who had a knack for bringing the best out of people - whether in support or to prove the “old bastard” wrong! I know a lot of people who will picture Angus Macdonald when ever Bo Me Hi or Chuckie Hays are mentioned. And that is a damned good way to have lived a life. :frowning:

Bump.

Where does the Bump come in? Hope to see all Angus’ friends this afternoon.

Heh. Funny to see that it took 'til page 3 of this thread for people to start spelling his name correctly (Mac, rather than Mc)! Angus hated that! I used to spell his name incorrectly on purpose just to get a rise out of him. He would growl at me in mock outrage, “It’s Mac, damnit, not Mick!”

He was my teacher in Booth as well and remained a friend throughout. Really shot from the hip, very blunt but well-humored. I’ll definitely be at today’s celebration of life.

I’ll be there.

A bump means to bring a thread or announcement forward so that people are aware of the upcoming event.  See you at the Crest at 1:00.

It is 1pm and I think everyone is at the Crest. Wish I could be there with everyone.
Here’s to Angus Macdonald.

That was a nice gathering this afternoon for Angus and there were some good stories shared plus great photos of the man. Good to see so many familiar people who knew him. I would like to thank his sister and nephew for allowing us those special moments.