Landlord entered my apartment

The landlord was wrong but in my opinion he deserves a warning.  Take the high road and show him a copy of the Residential Tenancy Act.  You’ll prove your case and gain his respect.  That’ll help you out down the road at your next big housewrecker party.

Ohh I think he can do one better, seeing as he entered for what he claims to appear to be a bogus motive, give him some bogus claims to match his loud t.v. bullshit, tell the cops your missing 2k in cash you had been saving, it was in a container on your nightstand and now its all gone, make a claim at the cops and then have a lawyer pen him up a letter to return the stolen $$ or face court, this peice of shit landlord wouldnt have a prayer defending it, he’s the one who entered unlawfully, he will be assumed guilty and have a tough time defending against any missing property claims, the judge will have a field day with him, you unlawfully enter someone’s dwelling you instantly set yourself up for accusation and liabillity for anything that is claimed to be missing, its why MOST landlords dont wanna enter your place without you even if you give permission, they dont wanna have any chance they can be accused for anything that goes missing. This asshole set himself up for it, I say give it to him, play the game, he started it you may as well finish it and fix him right up.

I like this approach.  Give him the tenancy act.  Protest his entering your suite in writing.  Write a letter and include a copy of the tenancy act.
I think it would be better to give him a letter rather than speaking to him as then you will be less likely to get into a shouting match with him.
If he sees that you know your rights he may back down with asking you to leave.

I don’t think the landlord did the right thing. You said you left your apartment at 5:30 pm and were back by 7:30 pm. So your TV was abit loud and you were not there and what if you had been there? he would have just asked you to turn it down and doubt he would have barged in and turned it off. He should have first tried to contact you via cell if you have one and he knew the number OR he should have waited until you returned. The noise bylaw comes into effect after 11pm so I don’t see what the big deal is with your TV being on. Lots of people leave TV’s and radio’s etc on because it makes it seem as if someone is home when there actually isn’t.
I would be pretty ticked off myself if I had that happen to me. I tell you some people just can’t keep to themselves and have to stir the pot. You say you have to listen to noisy neighbours music on the weekends well perhaps you should barge in on them and turn their music off and see how they like it.
It’s not like you have your TV blasting or left it on all night so tell those neighbors to get earplugs. And the next time your neighbors have those noisy parties call the cops on them esp if it is after 11pm and they will get a warning or a fine.
Good luck with it all as I don’t think you did anything wrong.

Under section 28 of the Residential Tenancy Act, Protection of tenant’s right to quiet enjoyment, there is no time exclusion. A Tenant’s right to “quiet enjoyment” is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, …

That leaves it wide open as who is the one who determines what ‘quiet’ is?  some people can tolerate more noise than others and when living in apartment complexes, town houses, or any shared residence, accommodation, it is not realistic to expect ‘quiet’ 24 hrs a day. some people have children, perhaps others are moving etc… noise is everywhere inside and outside of the home. Plus it is really the fault of the property builders who build cheap housing with walls that do not keep out the noise. I have experienced this several times myself, walls are so poorly insulated and thin that you can hear most everything from those in the next apartment beside you.
So there is not specifically that people are noisy but rather a whole myriad of other contributing factors that cause this problem.

When a tenant complains about noise and the Manager/Lanlord concurs with the tenants assessment, an Arbitrator will usually rule with the Manager and against the noise making tenant. Obviously there would be more than one event for an eviction (that would stand) to be served. I was just making a quick point on how “reasonable” noise levels can be interpreted. 

Are you home Dex or should I say are you back in the rinse? If so it is good to have you back.

Still in the wash, pre-rinse starts on Monday night or Tuesday morning and should start the Rinse cycle on Wednesday or Thursday. See ya soon.  :sunglasses:

Well please drive carefully and say hi to Jan, look forward to seeing you. keep on Truckin.

abstrusegoose.com/99

k i got my gf to have that talk with him 2 inform him what he did was illegal, and to ask when we r supposed 2 be out of there and he lied and said he never told me “i guess your gonna have to find a new place then”. he said my next door neighbor was banging on my door first about the t.v. b4 he went to go get him, and in his letter he states he was knocking on the door for 15 minutes b4 he entered. So i went to ask my next door neighbor just out of curiosity because he already lied about saying he never told me we had 2 find a new place, and the guy didnt know what i was talking about.Well while she was talking to him he said he just went through the same thing with a different tenant, he apologized again, she told him she wanted the owners number or email address and he said he didnt have it, but he could fax them to call her back.i know 1 other person living in the building and she’s on the 4th floor and she said when she first moved in she told him she had 2 get a her phone in order 2 ring people in,but she didnt tell him her stuff was still in storage, she went to go get some of her stuff and when she came back there was a phone on her counter with a note saying she could borrow it till she gets 1, she wanted 2 make a complaint and he said the same thing he didnt have the number for the owners, then he put a letter under her door saying she has to keep her place clean. and looking at his letter of apology its like he’s making it look like he’s making it to the owners of the building but the letterhead is different then the one we signed in order to get the place so i guess he thinks if he puts the name of the building on top we’ll just think its legit, and we’re still waiting for the phonecall. i was just gonna move out and just let it go because i didn’t want him to lose his job, but i’m thinking i should do something about it because he’s probably doing this to everybody while there gone.also i’ve kept the tv at the same level as b4 and there are no complaints and when my gf told him this all he said was thats strange. i’m gonna call the 800 # posted earlier and try get the locks changed because i have a feeling we’re stuck in there til the end of feb.well anyway thanks again 4 the info provided and the last post was hilarious GO EAGLES

Wall of text @______@

Periods, commas and exclamation points will be helpful should you be required to fill out a landlord tennant complaint form at the government office…

Anyways as this tv show from the seventies shows, some supers were really, really helpful…\

Ah, in the end it all comes down to the way you negotiate

lol i love that video