Jets to YPR?

A new airline is thinking of flying jets into YPR. If they can raise enough money …

business.financialpost.com/2013/ … rn-canada/

[quote=“Kispiox”]A new airline is thinking of flying jets into YPR. If they can raise enough money …

business.financialpost.com/2013/ … rn-canada/[/quote]

Won’t happen here!!

““offering no-frills service for lower prices than its competitors””

Isn’t that what the other guys are doing now?
How much can a cup of pop & a handful on pretzels cost ?
Cutting out that frivolous extravagance is not going to lower the price much, me thinks !

West Jet Terrace-Vancouver Return Dec 5-8 $299.51
Hawk air Terrace-Vancouver Return Dec 5-8 $463.63
Air Canada Terrace-Vancouver Return Dec 5-8 $460.16

Air Canada Prince Rupert-Vancouver Return Dec 5-8 $723.71
Hawk Air Prince Rupert-Vancouver Return Dec 5-8 $580.93

Getting ripped off in Rupert much.

[quote=“Speedy”]West Jet Terrace-Vancouver Return Dec 5-8 $299.51
Hawk air Terrace-Vancouver Return Dec 5-8 $463.63
Air Canada Terrace-Vancouver Return Dec 5-8 $460.16

Air Canada Prince Rupert-Vancouver Return Dec 5-8 $723.71
Hawk Air Prince Rupert-Vancouver Return Dec 5-8 $580.93

Getting ripped off in Rupert much.[/quote]

We are generally used to paying more in Rupert but this is getting out of hand… Council is pouring money into Airport Improvements in Rupert, however it’s getting to the point where the fares are out pricing themselves. The Airlines could be doing this to cause them to be under utilized and therefore have reason to pull out altogether. When I return to the north I am glad to know there are cheaper rates into Terrace. One thing I did notice though is that Airmiles seems to be providing more seats into Rupert again.

West Jet does AirMiles also

Hard to compare, because only a certain number of seats are offered at the lowest prices. Once those are gone, the price goes up. So you may be seeing fuller flights from YPR on those dates, and more empty flights from YXT, hence the cheaper prices from the same carrier.

Or the added competition in Terrace is making Air Canada drop its prices to try and compete with WestJet.