Jennifer Rice MLA Expenses

So the NDP claim they are being transparent and posting MLA expenses … bcndpcaucus.ca/expense-reports … Jennifer Rice spent over $9,000 in July and the official explanation from the NDP is that flight connections to Prince Rupert are so bad that she has to stay overnight in Vancouver. Well have a look at her expense report - looks like she stays in a hotel in Victoria every night she is down there. Expenses for Robin Austin and the MLA from Smithers are much lower (half) because they obviously have an apartment or something in Victoria and don’t charge hotel costs while they are there.

This stuff is good to be reveled it gives us lefties a change to see how corrupt either side is. NDP wastes a lot the same as any other party…

They all waste money, this is nothing new!!!

Rice is high maintenance and can collect from both levels of government… wow

Is this really a Surprise?
She never really did anything that I know of when on City Council,
and now with the push of the Local NDP, shes off to Victoria!
Soooo. Lets see what she gets accomplished.
Does she have a title? I know she is a Backbencher, but from what
I’ve heard, has the speaking attributes of a Elementary Schooler.
Is it fair to say that she has hopes of working 2 terms and fading
away with the Big Pension. I hope not.

don’t support the NDP especially Ms Rice but staying in a hotel is one of the options that MLA’s have that don’t live in the Capital Region

members.leg.bc.ca/mla-remunerati … gallowance

click on the capital city living allowance

as for the staying overnight in Vancouver because there are bad connections to Prince Rupert, well booohooo, do a simple travel itinerary with aircanada.ca and there are 2 connections every day here, they leave victoria at 5am all the way up to 4pm and gives her enough time to catch either the first flight or second flight to Rupert. Gee to me that does not sound at all bad to me.

what would be interesting is what she expenses for those little miscellaneous amounts

[quote=“Jabber63”]don’t support the NDP especially Ms Rice but staying in a hotel is one of the options that MLA’s have that don’t live in the Capital Region

members.leg.bc.ca/mla-remunerati … gallowance

click on the capital city living allowance

as for the staying overnight in Vancouver because there are bad connections to Prince Rupert, well booohooo, do a simple travel itinerary with aircanada.ca and there are 2 connections every day here, they leave victoria at 5am all the way up to 4pm and gives her enough time to catch either the first flight or second flight to Rupert. Gee to me that does not sound at all bad to me.

what would be interesting is what she expenses for those little miscellaneous amounts[/quote]

My days as an NDP supporter are nearing it’s end… you are right … I moved to Victoria, friends are visiting etc and no one ever has issues with poor flight connections give me a break…

My dad says that he has to leave work stuff in Victoria by 2 or 3 O’clock to make the connection to Rupert.

Would you rather she leave work at 2pm, or work late and miss the connection?

I’d rather she find a living arrangement that costs less than $3300/month–though I’m hoping that this can be explained as an inexperienced MLA who doesn’t know Victoria yet, and that Rice can find a place less expensive in the future.

There are a ton of empty suites all over Victoria… My building has many of them, but it would not be up to her standards…

James Browns last comment and the fact that there are empty suites in his place , let her stay at your place till she gets settled in , we have to give the lady a chance .People talk of her not doing much in council well shit you guys forgot the other six , yeah they sure have been busy .

LOL@ her staying here, a simple apartment in Fernwood would not suit her i don’t think, but all over Victoria there are furnished suites well under the figure quoted earlier…

Pretty understandable that she rather not fly with the most horrible airline in Canada.

[quote=“PLA”]

Pretty understandable that she rather not fly with the most horrible airline in Canada.[/quote]

Give me a break why she should she rate only flying on Hawk Air… ?? The most cost affective means should apply to her like it does others… If she insists on Hawk Air than fly into Terrace as there are more flight choices there and drive into town…

I’ve just answered your question.

I had a very hard time finding information on the actual expense allowances for MLAs - the Legislative Assembly is not the most forthcoming organization in regards to money matters. The Capital Living Allowance is $9000/yr without receipts or $12000/yr with receipts (hotel, apartment, etc) and the daily per diem (without receipts) is $61/day. It is interesting that while the NDP posts the information they too are not very forthcoming … for instance it would be nice to know the origin and destination of the flights and the actual day of the flights. Such information is required in the public service to make an expense claim along with the reason for the travel. We can’t really judge the expenses posted without more information.

LOL@ her staying here, a simple apartment in Fernwood would not suit her i don’t think, but all over Victoria there are furnished suites well under the figure quoted earlier…

Come on James think about it , you could become an important person in her life . Knowing that you are trying to give her a chance to get her new lifestyle together and she could keep trying to help you have a better life through her efforts in making change for us common folk . I am sure that you are not home every hour of the day . You would be helping a fellow Rupert person in the long run .

Come on James think about it , you could become an important person in her life . Knowing that you are trying to give her a chance to get her new lifestyle together and she could keep trying to help you have a better life through her efforts in making change for us common folk . I am sure that you are not home every hour of the day . You would be helping a fellow Rupert person in the long run .

Well she can rent at $700 includes heat and hot water, in Fernwood near Stadacona and Victoria has some of the best thrift stores for furniture i have ever seen… 20 minute walk to city centre and many busses run one block over from here…

[quote=“jamesbrown”]

Come on James think about it , you could become an important person in her life . Knowing that you are trying to give her a chance to get her new lifestyle together and she could keep trying to help you have a better life through her efforts in making change for us common folk . I am sure that you are not home every hour of the day . You would be helping a fellow Rupert person in the long run .[/quote]

Well she can rent at $700 includes heat and hot water, in Fernwood near Stadacona, near Oak Bay for her high end needs, and Victoria has some of the best thrift stores for furniture i have ever seen… 20 minute walk to city centre and many busses run one block over from here.

Well I’m about as far from an NDP supporter as it gets and I certainly feel no need to defend Ms. Rice, but come on! Cheap apartments and thrift stores?