Jack Layton

Air Canada snubbed us too, since they cancelled a flight.

Today Air Canada cancelled, not yesterday when it was sunny and clear.

… because jack layton had a vested interest in NOT being in Prince Rupert yesterday, alienation of the seven people who were going to go see him was all part of his devious “operation: rainy city snub”.

get real

From the Daily News:

NDP leader fogged out of Rupert

If you ask any NDPer, they’ll tell you they’re in control of their own destiny in the Skeena-Bulkley Valley riding. Unfortunately, that power doesn’t include control over the weather.

Much to the disappointment of party faithful, NDP leader Jack Layton ? scheduled to arrive in Prince Rupert at 4 p.m. yesterday ? couldn’t land at the Digby Island airport due to the fog. After spending four hours in the air flying from Vancouver, Layton was turned away and headed for a fuel stop in Prince George. Aside from the trip down south, Rupert was to be Layton’s only other scheduled stop in B.C.

Skeena Bulkley-Valley candidate Nathan Cullen said Layton was disappointed he couldn’t make it, and was already working to find time to return to the area before the election was held.

This is one of five swing ridings the NDP are hoping to capture in the next election.

“This is NDP country,” said Cullen. “There’s no mystery. Bringing the leader is big in swing ridings.”

Along with applauding Layton for making the journey to the North Coast, the New Democrat also said that he’d be surprised to see Liberal leader Paul Martin make his way to the area. On Martin’s last trip to B.C., local Liberal candidate Miles Richardson left the region to meet with his leader.

Cullen said that the Liberals are “freaking out” over their polling numbers in Ontario and Quebec.

“They were talking 220 seats, remember that?” he asked. “They’re getting killed in Quebec.”

Yesterday morning, the Liberal Party announced a special “made in B.C.” platform tailored to the needs of westerners.

“The time when Quebec and Ontario could dictate the National Agenda is over,” said Liberal candidate Miles Richardson. “British Columbia deserves to take its rightful place as a leading region within Canada.”

The Team B.C. agenda includes: using the strength and expertise of B.C to fight for a fair resolution to the softwood lumber dispute; adding local insight to health care issues; ensuring B.C. gets more of the federal gas tax; securing transit and transportation improvements; fighting marijuana grow operations and crystal meth labs; and recognizing foreign credentials in Canada for professionally trained workers.

The NDP aren’t buying the line that the Liberals care about B.C.

“After 10 years of ignoring our concerns, I think British Columbians will find it a little convenient that now, as the Liberal campaign is tanking, they are suddenly showing a great deal of interest in this province,” said Libby Davies, NDP MP for Vancouver East.

Wow. An awful lot of anonymous people stepping forward to tell me I’m wrong. I guess they don’t believe enough in their arguments to put their names to them.

That’s it, Hoshq, attack the person, not the idea. Prove them right.

I’d like to go on the record, to say that sebastes pinniger, hippoglossus stenolepsis are all alter egos of myself, Alpine Scrub.

bastard.

and who is Klaatu verrata nectu?

The sacred words in Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness

Bruce Campbell fan. Work at Overwaitea ? :laughing:

no, and no

Actually, the correct PR equivalent would be Zellers. “Shop Zellers, shop Zed-Ellers.”

i think it would be funnier if they did it all :
shop zellers, shop zell-ELL ERS! like in the jingle, before the “where the lowest price is the law”.

Fuck my ass, am I ever confused.

when do we get to vote anyways?? fuck i still duno who imma gonna vote for…

Vote Green, June 28.

Christian Heritage! Let’s start a crusade on Iraq.

Tomorrow there’s an all-candidates meet here. Kick me off line if you see me! I can find out who these guys are.
Is Miles really an asshole?
Is Nathan a commie-faggot junkie?
Is benchwarmer what’s’name really so useless?
Will I end up drinking with the Green candidate like last time?
Can I sit thru the CH platform without puking?
will more than 6 people show up?

Questions answered tomorrow nite. Will post my anal-ysis.

I had an anal-assist once.

You knew Svend too? :laughing: