iPhone 4S, Unlock

Anyone know how or where I can go about Unlocking an iPhone 4S on the Telus Network? Also, if it can be done through Cydia/etc?

iPhone’s stuck at the activation screen, don’t know how to get it past there. I should have purchased it already unlocked/jailbroken but I wanted to save a few hundred and I guess I’m paying for that now…

[quote=“AndrewMorgan444”]Anyone know how or where I can go about Unlocking an iPhone 4S on the Telus Network? Also, if it can be done through Cydia/etc?

iPhone’s stuck at the activation screen, don’t know how to get it past there. I should have purchased it already unlocked/jailbroken but I wanted to save a few hundred and I guess I’m paying for that now…[/quote]

Google jailbreak 5.1 absinthe

What network is the phone actually locked to? Activation and locks are two different steps.

It’s a Telus phone. Yes I know that activation/unlocking are two different things

If you plan to use it on Telus or any of its related carriers, you won’t have to unlock it. Just activate it, which should be trivial.

Do you have a Telus SIM in there?

[quote=“MadMax”]

[quote=“AndrewMorgan444”]Anyone know how or where I can go about Unlocking an iPhone 4S on the Telus Network? Also, if it can be done through Cydia/etc?

iPhone’s stuck at the activation screen, don’t know how to get it past there. I should have purchased it already unlocked/jailbroken but I wanted to save a few hundred and I guess I’m paying for that now…[/quote]

Google jailbreak 5.1 absinthe[/quote]

I’m on 5.1.1, it’s possible with Absinthe 2.0.4 and Redsn0w however, it needs to be activated. I just need to unlock it, jailbreaking’s easy.

Jailbreaking is easy but, the jailbreaking programs don’t allow you to bypass activation

did you keep to a firmware(Modem Firmware)
that can be unlocked? and if not use gevey sim card I have one for a iphone 3 that unlocks the iphone, you can get it for the 4s… good luck…other option is to phone telus and pay the 50.00 to unlock the phone for you… you will have to un-jailbreak your phone first…

Ok, so you need to activate?

They’re three different things here, jailbreak, activate, unlock.

If you need to activate, just put a telus SIM in there and connect it to iTunes. What’s on the phone right now?

That’s the thing - and I know they’re three different things.

1 - Stuck at activation (can’t fix this as I didn’t get a SIM Card with the iPhone - as I said, I saved a few hundred dollars from buying it in the locked/non-jailbroken state).
2 - It’s locked to Telus. (I’m going to unlock it, but first need to activate it, yes I know lock+activate are two different things… for the 2nd time)
3 - I’m going to jailbreak it after, don’t need advice on that as I do it all the time.

Just wondering if anyone knows any software/bypass, etc so I can jailbreak then use software unlock

not the way you are going you will always need a sim card get a telus pay as you go.

you could try this but apple seemed to have blocked it.

iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=21501

spend the money get a sim card, gavey card or phone telus to unlock…

Or borrow a friend’s telus SIM for a few minutes. You can borrow mine next time I’m in Rupert :smile: