iPad2?

I love technology rumours! :smile:
I am wondering if the next generation of iPad is comingā€¦It looks like a winner if the rumoured specifications prove to be true.

iPad 2 to be announced on March 2

would be nice to know what some of the features are, i just bought my 1st gen ipad. Love it too, looks like there might be some mb pro updates tooā€¦

Some of the rumoured changes are front and rear facing cameras, a slimmer design, and a retina display. I will be curious to see what is in the product when shipped.

I was hoping they would be a SD card in it, that would be the best feature of all, and a better cable connector.

[quote=ā€œjaseā€]

changes are front and rear facing cameras, a slimmer design, and a retina display. I will be curious to see what is in the product when shipped.

I was hoping they would be a SD card in it, that would be the best feature of all, and a better cable connector.[/quote]

[quote] * Multi-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU (single-core ARM Cortex-A8)
* Dual-core SGX543 GPU (single-core SGX535)
* 2048 x 1536 display at 260 dpi (1024 x 768 at 132 dpi)
* GSM/CDMA chipset (GSM only)
* Front- and rear-facing cameras
* SD card slot
* Redesigned, flatter case[/quote]

Rumours taken from this site. These are very impressive specifications if true. :smile:

iPad 2 specs starting to take shape

What a difference a year makes. Hereā€™s what Paul Thurrott, famous Windows guy, wrote about the iPad:

ā€œIt seems like a high priced, unnecessary trinket to me.ā€ (January 27, 2010)

ā€œAnyone who believes this thing is a game changer is a tool.ā€ (April 5, 2010)

ā€œFlaws and all, the iPad is indeed in a class all by itself. Itā€™s a new kind of computing device.ā€ (May 31, 2010)

ā€œIn reality, Apple sold tens of millions of iPads last year and is on track to sell tens of millions more next year. In reality, people are buying iPads. In reality, theyā€™re not buying Windows 7-based tablets. And in reality, they never will.

ā€œFurthermore, businesses are buying iPads, too, and piloting them in ever faster numbers. Part of the lack of resistance here, no doubt, is the three-plus years Apple spent making the iPhone more acceptable in enterprise environments. That learning went into the iPad, and businesses are openly interested in this new device out of the gate, and not waiting for future revisions. Theyā€™re certainly not waiting on Microsoft.ā€ (26 January 2011)

Pretty stoked :smile: my wife steals my ipad from me the second i get home, she is addicted to angry birds, waldo etc etc.

I will have to get the ipad 2 at christmas :smile:

Another article.

Look away if you just bought an iPad: Apple to unveil iPad 2 next Wednesday

Wow!

I COULD take my ipad1 back tomorrow and get a ipad2 but im not sure i want toā€¦ HUMM!!!

The proposed price for the ipad2 of $500 US for the low-end model is very competitive. Methinks that RIM and everyone else is going to have a hard time competing with Apple.

drool

Ipad 3 is coming out in the fall !!

This confirms what I thought
Nevevet buy a new apple product. Wait a year, they do a great job of designing their stuff but there is always room for improvements and I like that they listen to what people say

It was a mistake when I got my first gen iPod touch but Iā€™m glad i waited for the iPhone 4 to come out
Sadley however I still canā€™t think of a reason why i would need an iPad myself, but I might one day

Still no Flash Player.

Which tablet has flash and good battery life?

Even the Xoom doesnā€™t have Flash ā€“ they didnā€™t include it in the shipping units because they knew that it would eat all the battery life. Not to mention that Flash tends to encourage sloppy programming and is responsible for a lot of crashes.

Iā€™ve had my iPad go 12 hours on a charge, playing movies and surfing youtube, etc. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever missed Flash.

Okay. I think the ipad2 gets my nod as the optimal travel device for when I hit the road in July-August. At just under $600 with the apple care program this is a very good buy in my opinion. :smile: Works for me as Iā€™ll have VLC and Colloquy.

I am one of those, who waited out side for 2.5 hours to get a WHITE ipad2 :smile: Love it, now if i could just pry it from the wifeā€™s hands every night :smile: