IPad

Will an IPad work in PR? I was thinking of getting the wifi + 3G model. If I buy it online will I then have to get a monthly plan from somewhere?
I was also wondering, for anyone who has one, is the keyboard quite easy to use?

[quote=“luxor”]Will an IPad work in PR? I was thinking of getting the wifi + 3G model. If I buy it online will I then have to get a monthly plan from somewhere?
I was also wondering, for anyone who has one, is the keyboard quite easy to use?[/quote]

1. Yes.
  2. You can use your wifi connection with Citywest to connect your ipad to the Internet.
  3. They are nice to use.
  4. If you’re at a wifi hotspot the ipad will connect easily to the Internet.
  1. They’re easier to type on than any phone.

You’ll like it, and if you have a wifi at home you can get the tiny 3G plan and do 99% of stuff at home.

my ipad works with 7 11 speakout, 3G = $10 doller sim card, $10.00 dollers unlimited a month dada plan, cydia app $20.00 turns ipad in to a working phone, with messaging… got to love it…

Now thats thinking :smile: good that you didn’t sign up for one of those 3 year packaged with bell/telus/rogers :smile:

Where do you get those?

u need to jailbreak it but also needto Obtain the iPhone Configuration Utility from Apple, via their website. It’s a free download.

It’s funny, I was in the Future Shop in PG on Sunday. They rearranged everything and now Row #1 in the computer section is a huge spread of tablets. I was walking past and noticed there was not a single person looking at tablets.
On the back side of that row they had two iPads on display and eight people were jammed around them. As I passed a salesman was telling one guy how another make had twice the memory for $100 less.
It’s not an iPad. I want a real iPad.

I’ve used an ipad and various other tablet devices but just dont understand the hype theres nothing new there for me but I suppose I’m not their target market. To me a tablet (any tablet) is only worth 200.00-300.00. For that price I could justify it but for any more than that its features just arent worth it to me. I wanted one of the hp tablets during their fire sale but unfortunately I missed out.

As a funny aside I witnessed a staples salesman trying to sell a blackberry playbook based on its email features. Did they make an email client for it yet?

[quote=“jesus”]I’ve used an ipad and various other tablet devices but just dont understand the hype theres nothing new there for me but I suppose I’m not their target market. To me a tablet (any tablet) is only worth 200.00-300.00. For that price I could justify it but for any more than that its features just arent worth it to me. I wanted one of the hp tablets during their fire sale but unfortunately I missed out.

As a funny aside I witnessed a staples salesman trying to sell a blackberry playbook based on its email features. Did they make an email client for it yet?[/quote]

Nope, and support for them is limited too, you need a exchange server for the email to work GAY!!

Hah. Trying to say only Exchange is “real” e-mail and I live in a town where I have to convince the Chamber of Commerce, the Band Office and others not to use IncrediMail.

Dear Mr. Jones:

We regret to inform you that your biopsy results show the tumours on your face are highly malignant. We have no course but to cut your face off in an attempt to save your life.
Yada yada yada bleah.

~~~~ bunch of smiley kitties bouncing around ~~~

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Hah. Trying to say only Exchange is “real” e-mail and I live in a town where I have to convince the Chamber of Commerce, the Band Office and others not to use IncrediMail.

Dear Mr. Jones:

We regret to inform you that your biopsy results show the tumours on your face are highly malignant. We have no course but to cut your face off in an attempt to save your life.
Yada yada yada bleah.

~~~~ bunch of smiley kitties bouncing around ~~~[/quote]

I hate that software HATE IT!!!

I got an ipad (16gig, wifi) at the beginning of the year, and by the end of the year it will have paid for itself just in the money I save renting e-Textbooks versus buying them at our bookstore. For example, my Chem book would have run me $215. Instead, I rent it from CourseSmart for 360 days for $107. All university students should be doing this.

To luxor:

You can get the 3G version, but yes you’d have to decide who you want to provide your data. I think Telus, Bell, and Rogers have pretty much identical plans for iPad, and for the iPad you don’t need a contract they just bill you month-by-month and you can escape at any time. I’d be wary about jail breaking it early on just to get access to cheaper 3G… make sure you’ll really make use of the extra capabilities of the jail broken device before you do it, as I believe once that’s done you can’t ever send it back to Apple to be fixed.

you dont need to jailbreak the Ipad to use 7 11 speak out!! all you need is the iPhone Configuration Utility from Apple a free app to set up the ipad to use 711 speakout…
Jailbreaking the ipad is a bonus, also you can restore your ipad, iphone or itouch at anytime to have it un jailbroken…