Invasion of the Falklands

I’m not sure if you’re a conspiracy theorist or just plain ignorant, but if a British Overseas Territory got invaded by a country who holds no historical legitimacy over the islands, then how would you naturally act if you’re the British Prime Minister?

[quote=“PLA”]

I’m not sure if you’re a conspiracy theorist or just plain ignorant, but if a British Overseas Territory got invaded by a country who holds no historical legitimacy over the islands, then how would you naturally act if you’re the British Prime Minister?[/quote]

As I stated in my post, it is my opinion that the Falklands War (crisis) was bogus. There are many treatises on the issue and they come down more or less equally on either side. We are obviously at divergant opinions on the issue.
( I hope you noticed I didn’t insult you or belittle your opinion in my post,)

[quote=“leroy”]As I stated in my post, it is my opinion that the Falklands War (crisis) was bogus. There are many treatises on the issue and they come down more or less equally on either side. We are obviously at divergant opinions on the issue.
( I hope you noticed I didn’t insult you or belittle your opinion in my post,)[/quote]

Wow… are you serious?

Your opinion is bogus because there’s shouldn’t be an opinion. I suppose you happen to be a fan of the former Argentinian military dictatorship.

Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands, right? If you decided to “negotiate treaties” instead of fighting back the invasion, then you failed as a national leader.

And speaking of treaties, there are none specific to Falkland Islands. Where you get that is well beyond me.

[quote=“PLA”]

[quote=“leroy”]As I stated in my post, it is my opinion that the Falklands War (crisis) was bogus. There are many treatises on the issue and they come down more or less equally on either side. We are obviously at divergant opinions on the issue.
( I hope you noticed I didn’t insult you or belittle your opinion in my post,)[/quote]

Wow… are you serious?

Your opinion is bogus because there’s shouldn’t be an opinion. I suppose you happen to be a fan of the former Argentinian military dictatorship.

Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands, right? If you decided to “negotiate treaties” instead of fighting back the invasion, then you failed as a national leader.

And speaking of treaties, there are none specific to Falkland Islands. Where you get that is well beyond me.[/quote]

Seeing as my opinion on the Falklands is the only thing you disagree with, am I to assume that you agree with the other points I raised ?

We can agree that facts trumps the opinion of yours, otherwise you fit very well with the Japanese right-wingers.

[quote=“PLA”]

We can agree that facts trumps the opinion of yours, otherwise you fit very well with the Japanese right-wingers.[/quote]

Are you 12 ?

I’m pretty sure most 12 year olds can master the socials studies portion of Humanities 8 better than you do.

Perhaps he’s not 12 yet.

Love the quote herbie.