Internet

Sorry to sing an old song, but is anyone having internet problems? Mine was out Yesterday on and off and this morning too.
Re booting modem/router worked once yesterday. The rest of the time it came back by itself.
6th ave E. Seal Cove area. Could it have anything to do with Solar flare activity?

I’m sure the outages would be blamed on solar flare activity much sooner than Citywest admitting there may be a problem with your internet service.

[quote=“97 B-LINE”]Sorry to sing an old song, but is anyone having internet problems? Mine was out Yesterday on and off and this morning too.
Re booting modem/router worked once yesterday. The rest of the time it came back by itself.
6th ave E. Seal Cove area. Could it have anything to do with Solar flare activity?[/quote]

You could always try phoning them and asking if there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Though I must admit that doesn’t always result in a satisfactory experience, a few weeks back we had a problem with the internet service for most of the morning, I phoned CityWest and left a message but never received a reply, the internet service eventually returned by afternoon, so I imagine that there was some kind of work taking place on the lines between here and the mighty CityWest mothership.

Would have been helpful however (not to mention good customer relations) had someone taken the time to at least return the call, especially considering the hoops you have to go through to actually reach someone in person there.

They should think about having a page such as BC Hydro has to explain the various outages that take place, could be a good long term job for some CityWest workers considering the frequency of the complaints we see here.

Just call them.

I’ve had 2 outages (in Terrace). Citywest responded to both right away, and followed up. And yeah, they said it wasn’t anything on my end – something with their equipment.

In fact, one outage happened at 7pm on a Friday night. I didn’t expect anybody to be there, so I e-mailed in the report, hoping someone would take a look at it first thing on Saturday. It wasn’t a big deal, since I have a couple of backup internet connections (a couple of Telus lines, and tethering with Rogers and Telus as well).

I was pleasantly surprised when I got an e-mail back from Citywest 5 minutes later. They tested the equipment remotely and found the issue, and fixed it first thing in the morning.

So just call them if your internet isn’t working.

Now maybe my experience is different in Terrace (where they have strong internet competition), but I can’t think of a time when I didn’t get a satisfactory answer in Prince Rupert, either.

[quote=“MiG”]Just call them.

I’ve had 2 outages (in Terrace). Citywest responded to both right away, and followed up. And yeah, they said it wasn’t anything on my end – something with their equipment.

In fact, one outage happened at 7pm on a Friday night. I didn’t expect anybody to be there, so I e-mailed in the report, hoping someone would take a look at it first thing on Saturday. It wasn’t a big deal, since I have a couple of backup internet connections (a couple of Telus lines, and tethering with Rogers and Telus as well).

I was pleasantly surprised when I got an e-mail back from Citywest 5 minutes later. They tested the equipment remotely and found the issue, and fixed it first thing in the morning.

So just call them if your internet isn’t working.[/quote]

LOL, well I’ve never had that kind of proactive response, they must FEAR you I guess.

They already have one, it’s here: bit.ly/citywest-status