Internet - Quantum 20

Was poking around Citywest website and they are advertising 20 megabit Internet now. citywest.ca/internet/
Looks like the cost for me, with package, will be $10 cheaper than what I pay for 15 mb with same package. I hope there isn’t a catch!

LOL! skipped a groove. I would be paying the same amnount not $10 cheaper. I didn’t compare net costs.

I don’t even see the 15 meg option, they only list 10 and 20 meg Quantum, does that mean those of us on 15 will get 20 without having to call?

Citywest is actually moving up in the world. :smile: 20mbps isn’t bad.

I’m on Telus’ $140 plan. Includes over 200sd & 200 hd channels, 20mbps internet, phone with every feature.

While it isn’t Shaw’s Broadband 100 I’m happy. Plus I got a free HD PVR, 3 Digital Boxes and a 40 Inch HDTV for switching to Telus.

Phoned today, no catch, just might take 4 business days before they can add the bandwidth; said they were very busy. Think I pay 67 cents cheaper.

Citywest is only offering 10-20 meg packages now, its in the works that they will have much bigger packages.

they are revamping all their bundles so if you currently have most of the digital packages your cost to go to Quantum 20 actually goes up, for the new bundle with Quantum 20 has less tv channels now, and to have the same amount of channels costs about $30 more a month to upgrade from Quantum 15 to Quantum 20

I was on the talk/surf bundle for $67.67 with the $20 dollar upgrade from the included 10mb to 15mb. Now the talk/surf bundle is $77 and the upgrade from the included 10mb (in my case 15mb) was only $10 so I actually saved 67 + tax cents and got a free upgrade to 20mb. Lucky me woohoo!!!

I am on a prev. talk, surf watch old bundle with standard internet and happy with the rate will it be adjusted now as well?

Can’t speak for Citywest, but I would imagine things will stay the same for you, unless you change something or they inform you of increased rates.

[quote=“Dex”]

Can’t speak for Citywest, but I would imagine things will stay the same for you, unless you change something or they inform you of increased rates.[/quote]

Thanks Dex, took me forever to go with a bundle and standard internet is all I need… DSL is slow but reliable…

I was on dsl and switched now my speed is 6 times faster