Internet Hunt

Has anyone ever tried this? Would it work? Have a small entry fee, and the winner collects all.

Seek out 20 unique internet items or stuff (pictures, html, mpg, mp3 ect… ), and email it back to the host for safe keeping and scoring system. And it has to be published on a webpage for viewers to see what others have.

The items that are harder to find, will have more points. :open_mouth:

Might be interesting, but it would have to be more difficult than simply visiting google and getting the answer.

Maybe I could create some webpages and make some unique files and stuff to look for.

Scavenger Hunt was the word I was looking for…

I remember that from an old show in the 80’s. :smiley:

Not to sound like a pesismist or anything… but there are way too many of us internet geeks hanging around HTMF, and that sort of contest would be like asking us to put together a 2 year old puzzle.

Yeah, it would be hard to create and do it properly. But it was worth a try andyway.

:cry:

I’m sure you could come up with something that would stump people.

It would have to be a couple of degrees away from google, though, and would require outside knowledge to get the answer.

For example, here’s a famous one from a couple of years ago:

Here are some states, ranked in order by a certain criteria. Figure out the criteria, and finish the list.

1. Delaware
  2. Connecticut
  3. Massachusetts
  4. Rhode Island
  5. New Jersey
  6. Illinois
  7. Wisconsin
  8. Texas
  9. Arkansas
  10. Louisiana
  11. Indiana
  12. Ohio
  13. Iowa
  14. Arizona
  15. Alabama
  16. Mississippi
  17. Florida
  18. Minnesota
  19. West Virginia

This kind of puzzle is more than just a google search (though I’m sure you’ll find the answer to this particular one).

We could always bring back the HTMF song clip contest or something similar.

Something along the lines of that states one would be wicked cool. Somebody just has to come up with the idea.

I feel like such a geek, but I just bought two Star Wars novels at the Library for 50 cents. Of course, the even nerdier part is that I was at the library for the purpose of borrowing two other Star Wars novels.

No dude, geek = buying a roomba and a homestarrunner t-shirt at the same time.

“What’s a Diorama?”

man that list is to hard. with Deleware #1 i assumed it was “most obscure”, with Texas at #8 it can’t be “most obnoxious”
:laughing:

We could restrict to some certain search engines, maybe choose from a list of most search engines and not use the most popular ones? :stuck_out_tongue:

I like that puzzle Idea, maybe use a topic? And all of the items have that have been collected are used to complete the puzzle?

People could use there research skills…

:smiley:

[quote=“MiG”]Here are some states, ranked in order by a certain criteria. Figure out the criteria, and finish the list.

1. Delaware
  2. Connecticut
  3. Massachusetts
  4. Rhode Island
    [/quote]

Ok, it’s 1am and I should be either working or sleeping, but most certainly NOT learning all about Delaware!

What’s the answer???

[quote=“MiG”]For example, here’s a famous one from a couple of years ago:

Here are some states, ranked in order by a certain criteria. Figure out the criteria, and finish the list.[/quote]

#20 is Maryland.

If Hoshq says #20 is Maryland, then it must be wrong.

Hoshq, if you want to impress us with your knowledge, tell us the answer – the criteria for the list. Yes, we realize you know how to use google, but that doesn’t really take any intelligence. What is the answer?