Info for a newbie

ok, so i understand all the rules of a mb, i get thay im the official newbie, but (at risk of sounding cliche) how does this site work???
Ive been a part of dozens of other mbs but each one is different…
anyone feeling particularly helpful today???

BAM :question:

[quote=“Buck’N’Burn242”]ok, so i understand all the rules of a mb, i get thay im the official newbie, but (at risk of sounding cliche) how does this site work???

BAM :question:[/quote]

If you try to follow rules you wont fit in :wink: just post whatever is on your mind and if its against the “rules” it will get deleted. Being from prince rupert or familiar with the culture there will also be beneficial.

J

then i have a feeling that im screwed

If you don’t work for Vince McMahon or didn’t in the past, don’t worry, your not screwed!

good to know…

whats with the five little icons beneath each name??? does i have to do with posts???

BAM

Yeah, just write what ever you want and if they don’t like what you write it will be deleted, locked up, or even alterted… If you like cars, computers, or geography then you will do just fine here…

i like all three, but know very little about two of them.

Did people really do all this to your posts? I will promptly bring that issue in front of the htmf discipline council. You shall be avenged.

Personally all that happened to me was one got locked up and the other was altered to make a joke of what I wrote.
Sometimes I touch upon topics that may sound insane or rubs some in the wrong places. I under stand the locked post but altering the title of GOD’s post was a little bit too much. :imp:

[quote=“Buck’N’Burn”]ok, so i understand all the rules of a mb, i get thay im the official newbie, but (at risk of sounding cliche) how does this site work???

BAM :question:[/quote]

An outsider, eh? We don’t much like outsiders in these parts. Best you move along, son.

Nah, I’m mostly joking.

One bit of advice would be to stop using so many question marks??? We get your point!!!

Well now, we never talk politics especially if it concerns initials such as G.W.B S.H , or other potential threats to national security. We refrain from using posts which may lead to a possible slander. Enjoy.

Be careful what you say. Big brother is watching.

One must couch words wisely to avoid potential libel. If you were to simply state in a post that George Bush is an asshole, you could potentially put yourself and the webmaster at risk of a libel suit unless you could actually prove in court George Bush’s sphincter was 51% or more of his body mass.
However if you posted “George Bush is an asshole IMHO”, it would be a statement of personal opinion, not an actual libel.
The laws are very different than the US, in that there is reverse onus (you must prove you didn’t harm the person), and no clause that exempts celebrities or persons of note.
That is why Don Cherry can dis a group of hockey players, but Liberal Ministers can be sued during an election campaign by one player of dubious talent. You’d have to resort to ‘satire’ like planting a post claiming something like:
“XYZ bakery has decided not to name it’s new premium $3.99 confectionary product after said player when market research determined that few people would appreciate such an expensive cream-filled fruitcake that turned to shit an hour after you bought it.”

So, to test my own rules and the patience of the moderators, I safely think I can post that the CPC candidate Mike Scott IS a retread, and that IMHO he would look good in a brown shirt…

Sorry…its just a habit i have…cant really help it

So i cant talk smack about Dubyah here? (strains to keep one ?)

Darn…

PS … whats with the five little icons beneath each name? (it hurts!)

umm my foot hurts…