I'm so glad that pipelines are so safe

I’m so glad that pipelines are so awesomely safe. If they weren’t, then this would be a true newstory:

theglobeandmail.com/news/wor … e10588216/

Glad it’s only an early April Fool’s joke.

Because pipelines are safe. There’s no such thing as pipeline spills. Keep repeating that over and over again until you believe it.

How old was that line?

abarrelfull.wikidot.com/pegasus- … l-pipeline

I’m so glad cars are so safe.

I think what MiG meant is the deception and subsequent negligence on the Company’s part, which is pretty much the norm these days. Pipelines are meant to be safe only if they’re built and maintained to standard, but not the case for Exxon and Enbridge.

Same with idiot drivers.

Imagine a car company coming out and telling you that their car won’t crash. That’s what your about to hear from those who want a pipeline through Northern BC. Don’t worry, our pipeline is different, it won’t be like their pipeline.

Don’t worry, our cars don’t crash.

I think what crazy horse is trying to say is, He would be perfectly okay with having the Enbridge pipeline going through his backyard.:smile:

[quote=“MiG”]Imagine a car company coming out and telling you that their car won’t crash. That’s what your about to hear from those who want a pipeline through Northern BC. Don’t worry, our pipeline is different, it won’t be like their pipeline.

Don’t worry, our cars don’t crash.[/quote]

I bet now he’s trying to make statistical comparison to airplanes. lol

Nigerian style.

KM pipeline runs about 3 blocks from my house. I sleep well at night.

[quote=“MiG”]Imagine a car company coming out and telling you that their car won’t crash. That’s what your about to hear from those who want a pipeline through Northern BC. Don’t worry, our pipeline is different, it won’t be like their pipeline.

Don’t worry, our cars don’t crash.[/quote]

I don’t think anybody has claimed pipelines can’t leak. They just don’t 99.9% of the time.

lol

On the related note, I live across the street from an oil well. The thing itself doesn’t bother me, but the ding dongs living in my neighbourhood does. (Not sarcasm)

Haha, I agree. Neighbours can be more hazardous than pipelines.

In all seriousness, obviously nobody wants a catastrophe. We all just have varying levels of risk comfort.