I Nexen pipeline leak in Alberta spills 5 million litres

cbc.ca/m/news/canada/edmonto … -1.3155907

Thankfully that would never happen with a BC Pipeline, because it would be protected by the BC Liberal Reality Distortion Field, which protects the environment from any spills.

The largest oil spill in Alberta’s history.

I know people who work at this Nexen site, and I have to say, compared to the workers at the other sites, the Nexen guys seem to be the most intelligent crews.

I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often at the other sites, because, quite frankly, a lot of the workers that I know at many of these places aren’t exactly the brightest.

But if this can happen there, then it can happen anywhere.

what no comments from all you pro Oil pipelines guys… fricken pathetic.

Nobody been talking about Enbridge pipelines in ages.

Well its the second largest spill in Alberta’s history.

Is this better than oil by train? As we all know the trains fallow the rivers and lakes. No oil from this spill made it to any water.

Oil has to get to us some how. We all use it. We all have rubber tires (I only know of one tire not made of rubber) and plastic cell phones and gas in our cars so we need oil every day. Even your eye glasses have plastic frames made from oil.

Just being realistic.

globalnews.ca/news/1456531/coal- … ce-rupert/

Yes allycat1521, the sky is falling…

Thought we’re talking about pipelines?..

Train is the sketchiest method of oil tranport. Not only it’s how it’s transported, but also how it’s loaded and who loaded them cars.

Anyway… I’m ok with oil pipelines only if it’s not carrying raw bitumen along with the refinery jobs that could be created in Alberta.

FU*K the environment eh PLA, and our grandchildren they can deal with our messes and screw ups.

[quote=“Astro”]FU*K the environment eh PLA, and our grandchildren they can deal with our messes and screw ups.
…[/quote]

Don’t know why your logic and reasoning have to be strictly binary.

If you want to talk about taking care of the environment, then maybe start by cleaning up our surroundings and maybe fix that exhaust system on your people mover.

[quote=“exstall”]Well its the second largest spill in Alberta’s history.

Is this better than oil by train? As we all know the trains fallow the rivers and lakes. No oil from this spill made it to any water.

Oil has to get to us some how. We all use it. We all have rubber tires (I only know of one tire not made of rubber) and plastic cell phones and gas in our cars so we need oil every day. Even your eye glasses have plastic frames made from oil.

Just being realistic.[/quote]

Nexen are the guys who the Prince Rupert Port Authority, CN and the federal government have been talking with about the oil train terminal on Ridley Island. Can you imagine this mess here?
I don’t get your logic. How does exporting oil to China protect our secure supply of gas for our cars? And what do you mean it didn’t make it to water? It was on the prairies-- they are flat. And by pipeline or rail, the oil will be loaded onto tankers here if we allow expansion of the tar sands and export through BC- did you forget that?

cknw.com/2015/08/05/85970/