I just ordered

…Macbook Pro 2.0ghz
Came to $2018.00 before tax incl. expedited shipping.

So stoked.

I’m hoping it’ll be here early next week.

Don’t for get to buy the heat pad… It get’s hot…

Read this…

johnwaller.org/blog/wordpress/?p=24

I went and kicked the MacBook (plus its replacement) to the curb last night. I walked into the Apple Store and my fav. manager was working (yeah!), which means this was going to be a breeze. I took my MacBook back to the counter, and come to find out I’m actually kind of infamous with my MacBook issues. 
Must have some press via. the grape vine from my reviews, because afterall Apple employees are geeks (by and large), too. I said, I didn’t want to test it - grrr - and just wanted a replacement for any G4 they had in back. They ended up giving me a PowerBook 15.2? G4 1.5ghz machine. This was fine considering I was able to get a price break of about $500 below the MacBook cost. Not to say this is the norm, but I do get a LITTLE consideration and sympathy, because of how many Mac’s I’ve purchased in the past. Not trying to BE special, but it just works out that way. I love the people here at the Walden Galleria Apple Store, and I stand by the employees, at least, there.
I had to think productivity this time around, vs. having all the bells and whistles.
RIP MacBook (and its replacement).

Expedited shipping doesn’t make it any faster in Northern BC, unfortunately.  It’s just wasted money.

We had a race with a couple of Macbooks, one was expedited, one wasn’t.  Both took the same amount of time.

For a minute there it looked like the expedited shipping would have a good effect, but turns out the shipping on these things is totally weird.

Let’s see:

Started out in Shanghai, China on the 9th and was in Anchorage, AK on the 9th again (gotta love time zones), but instead of having it send into BC they must have had to do something down in Memphis, TN which is where it arrived early this morning.  I’m still hoping it’ll be here Tuesday, though.  That or wednesday, since I have both those days off.

FedEx hq and hub is in Memphis.

See:  hackingthemainframe.com/smf/inde … 094.0.html

I remember now watching that but completely forgot at the time of writing that post :stuck_out_tongue:

7 business days later (I got it yesterday, today would be day 8)… and I’m stoked and the TOP of my LAP is oddly warm.

[quote=“SteveDVS”]
and the TOP of my LAP is oddly warm.[/quote]

Remember - Apple calls them notebook computers NOT laptop computers…so if you burn yourself it’s your fault  :smile:

When I read all the rumours and stuff I figured it’d be HOT, but really it’s just warm, and even nice feeling.  Will be wonderful in the winter.

You should download CoreDuo temp then and see how hot it actually is getting. Here is a screen shot of mine… good thing i sold this laptop ill try again later on with these laptops.

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

I was trying to decide between getting a refurb/used Powerbook G4 1.67ghz or getting what I got, but I had to just go for it and get the Mac Book because I’d like to get into the “new technology” before the other stuff becomes obsolete.  Which, as it seems, is a long ways down the road.  I still really like this laptop, though.  Maybe it’s just because it’s my first mac, I don’t know, but it’s what I’ll be using for the next two years of school so I’d best get used to it.

Thats insainly hot… my Athlon Venice 3200 runs at 45 degrees celcius under 100% CPU usage.  and thats overclocked to 2.4ghz from 2.0ghz

That’s exactly why i sold it it got to hot for me and all i was doing was laying in bed and surfing the net and talking on msn. It’s leaving this weekend some time and the dual 2.0 g5 will be here next week.  In a few months maybe in december ill get another laptop.