Hydro Billing

I got a bill for $600 so a bit higher than the month before. When I called it in they adjusted the bill and it was less than $200 in actuality.

Smart meter humour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW6aAPKEoIE)

[quote=“northerngal”]Smart meter humour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW6aAPKEoIE)

Yeah, that dude is retarded. He was up and up on the HST stuff too and no matter how many British Columbians were in an outcry that “people on the ground” affected by HST were having a vastly harder time, he came back with his “science.”

The same idiotology that refuses to factor human input and human feedback and persists with empty stupid “science,” as he calls it. I really can’t stand people like that. They should get hit by a truck like that SUV / Semi accident.[/quote]

What did he say that was incorrect? Or do you just hate him as a person?

Hate’s a strong word. I don’t want burning in hell, just get hit by truck. My ire isn’t actually him personally, it’s the “type.” The type that is always against the grain; that is clearly blind to the opposition’s point of view so much so, that it must become a damn debate. They turn everything into a debate when all that is really needed is just to say “ah forget about it.” On the subject of the Smart Meter video linked above, my question would be: Why is he so “for?”

Ah ok.

He’s a douche, then :smile: That’s the technical term, I think. But he does have a point – though he makes it like an ass.

There are a lot of reasons one could (and probably should?) oppose Smart Meters: Questions over calibration and accuracy, political reasons, privacy questions, etc. But to oppose smart meters on health grounds is just bad science. They have low-power radios. We’ve had much more powerful radio in use for a 100 years. The radio in my smart meter is so weak that I think I overpowered it by moving a wifi antenna across the room!

If they oppose Smart Meters because they use radios, then I’d love to hear what they think of CBC (10,000 times more powerful radio), or other uses of radio in our society.

So those who oppose Smart Meters should leave the “I suck at science” arguments out. They don’t help make the case – they just identify people who suck at science.

[quote=“MiG”]

So those who oppose Smart Meters should leave the “I suck at science” arguments out. They don’t help make the case – they just identify people who suck at science.[/quote]

^ lol :thumbs up:

For the first time, BC Hydro has admitted that one of their smart meters has been overcharging a customer. But a number of other customers have also complained about the same thing.

Read it on Global News: Global BC | Investigation into smart meters continues

globaltvbc.com/investigation … /story.htm
l

For the first time, BC Hydro has admitted that one of their smart meters has been overcharging a customer. But a number of other customers have also complained about the same thing.

Read it on Global News: Global BC | Investigation into smart meters continues

globaltvbc.com/investigation … /story.htm
l