Hummm / defamatory postings

Hi HTMF users,

Just another posting to point out that you are responsible for your words on HTMF. I’ve removed a couple of posts at the request of a legal representative of a person defamed by those posts. I’ve also provided identifying information for the two posters involved.

We value anonymity on HTMF. The limit of anonymity has always been when you step across the line between banter and defamation. Then you’re giving up your right to anonymity.

Thanks.

[quote=“MiG”]Hi HTMF users,

Just another posting to point out that you are responsible for your words on HTMF. I’ve removed a couple of posts at the request of a legal representative of a person defamed by those posts. I’ve also provided identifying information for the two posters involved.

We value anonymity on HTMF. The limit of anonymity has always been when you step across the line between banter and defamation. Then you’re giving up your right to anonymity.

Thanks.[/quote]

I noticed that no one wanted to reply to that last post. Thank you for the monitoring of HTMF, we can all appreciate friendly bantering but that was not.

Not sure what’s the OP’s (not MiG) intention, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

That last post BTW… no comment.