Html question

lol tried it,…didnt work o well 2 site’s work with out the www. so davidwatsonphotography.com will need the www. for the time being…

You have a loop somewhere, or something’s off.  You’re over-complicating things.

But now you know why I hesitated to post the php redirect earlier in the thread :wink:

You’ve got yourself a nice loop going.

<VirtualHost 209.145.106.99:80>
ServerName davidwatsonphotography.com
DocumentRoot /www/webroot/site2

ServerName www.davidwatsonphotography.com

So either do the php thing or do the redirect thing, no need for both.  ie:

ServerName davidwatsonphotography.com

ServerName www.davidwatsonphotography.com
Redirect / davidwatsonphotography.com/

But if davidwatsonphotography.com doesn’t work by itself (ie: if I type it into a web browser, it doesn’t work), then you have a DNS problem, not a redirect problem.

This is the end of my free advice :wink:

Check this out:

So the problem is that your DNS server is “NS1.mydomain.com” ?

since yesterday my site ghostintheshell.ca has been hit, the index.php has been viewed 90000 times… My other sites were too slow. I stopped my page from being loaded and now things are back to normal, i cant tell what ip is hitting me, is there any way I can find out, or should I leave ghostintheshell.ca of for awhile…

nm i figured out what it was …

Probably the stupid windows box :smiley:

Move to linux :smiley:

i would but i just bought a new server computer with vista premium…and Im trying to figure out how I will move my old server to new server…

Pick your distro. Pick the config you like. Pretty much hand walks you through everything, with a support cast of the entire freaking internet. Free.

Why do you think M$oft buy full page color ads in all the industry rags to brag about how so and so went with Windows. They need to!

o your running windows vista as a main server ? Are you on crack ? let me mark this on the calendar so if there is a hack i know where to try it… :smiley:

Learn linux it’s better. Simple too. like dirt simple… fedora or SUSE is so easy to setup. DAM Ubuntu is even easy to setup.

Vista’s not a server OS… what are you running for the server? If you have a machine that will run Vista Premium, you’re wasting it.
I just shit-canned my old PII-300 server and replaced it with a Sempron 3000 only because I could re-gut it for $300 and check out Debian. You don’t need squat hardware to make a decent server. It all in the OS.
I’m still pissed at building the last one, cuz I had to waste a $75 AGP video card in it.