HTMF = broken?

Netscape is re-branded Firefox? I thought Firefox was based on the netscape engine.

I thought that they were both based on the Mozilla Project? Which, naturally, was initially created by Netscape?

I believe that is correct :wink: though netscape is just rebranding the work done by the firefox developers. I guess its fair since firefox wouldnt exist if it wasnt for netscape and well now netscape wouldnt exist if it wasnt for firefox.

Right, but anyone can use the Mozilla base and make a browser, right? Like, Netscape is a web portal, right? It’s supposed to supply the entire world wide web to you, right? Is it still owned by AOL?

What I mean to say, I guess, is that I’m pretty sure there are other Mozilla browsers than Netscape and Firebird, right?

Gecko! There’s what I’m looking for.

There are lots of browsers based on the Gecko engine, which was the product of the Mozilla Project.

For example, I used to use K-Meleon.

Since we are all learning something today I would like to share something I learned today :wink:

Debian linux is named after the creator of debian and his wife deborah the creators name was ian. Therefore it is pronounced d eH b Ean not dhey biann so all stop pronouncing it dheybian that because its annoying.

thanks.

I have always said “Deh beeyan”… do some people actually say “Day beeyan”?

Yes! some annoying british guy on the phone about an hour ago :wink:

Almost as bad as those who say “LYEnux” instead of “LEANux” or “LINux”

By LINux do you mean LINEux? :wink: I forget the actual pronounciation of it because I havnt used redhat 6.1 to configure sound in a long time :wink:

Anyone else think linus has a funny accent?

PS thanks for the Redhat mirror all those years ago mig it got me the job I have today :wink:

Let me just say you kids today are spoiled with your broadband… imagine a 300 meg installation over dialup… then getting halfway through to find it failed. UGH

I have no idea how to pronounce it properly, but I’ve always read it as “dee bee in.” Is that close to being right?

[quote=“smartass”]

I have no idea how to pronounce it properly, but I’ve always read it as “dee bee in.” Is that close to being right?[/quote]

Think short name for deborah as in deb and ian as in the name ian :wink:

English is the tongue of the BORG. Just because some Scandahoovian geek can’t pronouce his name right. Charlie Brown and his pal Leanus?
You could have a 25 year career as the greatest kicker and point getter the BC Lions ever had, and even your own relatives start pronouncing your name wrong.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.