How much for that doggie on your front porch?

Well I see the value in making all other places around town tolerable for the “haters”, as in dog haters, but try to convince the cash strapped city council that a dog park is neccessary. All land on Kaien Island is sky rocketing in value and for a town who is constantly trying to find funds in prder to bring our public services back up to the level of our glory days, a dog park just seems lower on the list of prorities, like keeping kids in Seal Cove. My point is that the supposed dog park will not generate funds for the city, not as much as, say, a Strip Mall or a Cruise Ship dock.

well  should  the skate board park?,tennis courts? as you pay  fee’s into the city, for your animals, lets take 2-3 bucks from that, to have a budget or People donate time for up keep, as it works for softball,on the ball parks. and there are more animal owners than ball player… so find a area, yes the old dump!!! so many place’s,  be open people…

You gotta be kidding me.

Imagine the dog death toll if this was converted into a doggy play field.

I rather find an place that’s not near a very wooded area, less contact with wild animals, very accessible in terms of time and etc, and it must be somewhat bigger than Patullo Field.

Unfortunately I couldn’t think of one area because THIS TOWN IS SO FREAKING SMALL AND WE GOT A HELL LOTS OF TREE HUGGING HIPPIES LIVING HERE.

lol

Dude, we play softball,rugby,soccor,etc. on the oldest part of the dump, and so far we haven’t lost anyone , and the section by the golf coarse,has take lots of travel with no problems, so why would the dogs fear death???Its a great spot, just seed!!!

But, but, but… there’s wolves (ones with premium meats and coats) in there.

Well on sundays we can let all the pits,etc. go in there and take care of the wolves…lol oh!! without muzzels…lol

School board is responsible for the Seal Cove playground…good luck getting them onboard.

Waterfront park is only a small parcel of land (but the grassy areas are always full of dog sh!t)…the rest belongs to CN…Good luck getting it from them.

I believe the proposed dog park was McClymont park (Moresby was suggested too…but later decided that was not such a good idea).  The new bylaw doesn’t specify where a dog park is.

This is a copy of the new bylaw that will probably be in effect if received final assent at the next council meeting.  Did anyone go to the meeting where this was first read? 

tinyurl.com/2atgh9