How many GIG's do u have?

I said how many Gigs do u have, not Terabytes!

Your Fired

ok sorry it is 1200 gigs

C: 2.5GB 5400RPM Quantum Fireball (Windows)
E: 2.0GB 5400RPM Samsung (hosted stuff)
F: 40.0GB 7200RPM Western Digital (everything)
The WD is actually a little broken right now, and cuts out for a fraction of a second every second while being accessed. It started doing this mid-August and I didn’t find out that the drive was causing the problem until December (a few days after the one year warranty expired) so when I get a job (after my birth certificate is replaced and I get my SIN) I’m going to have to replace it, preferably with a better one, although probably after I get more RAM (128MB on WXP is pretty frustrating).
It’s also getting pretty frustrating that the Windows drive is slowly running out of space (now down to 80MB free) due to critical security updates, the registry, Windows’ insistance that my settings be on C:, Microsoft’s insistance that its software only be installed on C:, regardless of the existance of other drives.

Wilson. download the WD diag disk and update the hard drives firmware that should fix your minor problem.

J’

Why would you be running XP on 128 MB? Try 2000, it runs nicely on 128 MB, and there’s pretty much nothing that will run on XP that won’t run on 2000.

I have to agree but my gf’s computer needs ram so bad 128mb stock ram on a 2gig athlon compaq system.

Ive had all sorts of ram in my comp with xp, all u have to do is disable things u dont use, in computer managment… Lets say if u dont use a printer, its always runnin in the background, get rid or the themes, the help file…

you can cut your system resources in half,
I do alot of homerecording, and i have a dual boot, cuase i have to have everything disabled i dont use… So i use about a 3rd of my resources my other boot uses

wow a techie.

I had 2000 and life was good… until I got ADSL.
Aliant’s ADSL account activation software wouldn’t install on 2000, and their tech support said they don’t support 2000 (yet they support 95, 98, Me, NT4, and XP). I later found out it wouldn’t install because I didn’t have any service packs (I had been on dial-up, and at that particular time had no connection at all). That is the only reason I upgraded to XP.
I’ve found very few other things that run on XP but don’t run on 2000.

I am only running what I need right now. I know of most of the services I don’t need and have set them to Manual, and if a process I don’t know of is running I investigate it. Windows is also running in Classic mode (I don’t like the XP look anyhow, so it’s no biggie).

I cant stand the cartoon colors in xp, and i hate how its so big. I use windowsblinds and customize my desktop, i make everything really small, even the icons. I use really mild colors. Ive tried longhorn, and its pretty good, i like the colors, i dont like the side bar though i think its stupid.