Hotels near VGH

any recommendations near VGH?

has anyone stayed at the Park Inn and Suites??

your assistance is appreciated.

Haven’t stayed at Park Inn for a couple of years but it was slowly being renovated and upgraded in the recent past, nice rooms, generally reasonable rates and close proximity to the hospital area: transit bus stop nearby and within walking distance of the Cambie sky train station (5 to 10 minute walk). Hospital and nearby clinics a short walk away. When I last stayed the in hotel restaurant staff were very helpful in making sure that dietary restrictions were met as long as you are clear in stating your needs…and hotel did appear to be preferred by many visiting the hospital. Parking, available on-site.

If you don’t mind a short bus ride and mobility isn’t a problem, the BestWestern Uptown at Broadway and the Kingsway is a reasonable choice: newer building and rooms. A boutique hotel - some of the rooms are a bit eccentric (heating/air conditioning controls placed near the floor under a desk in one room). Rooms above the first floor usually cost a dollar or two more…but a better choice noise wise. Clean rooms, friendly staff and a light breakfast included. Transit about a block and a half away and the B-Line bus will drop you at Cambie or one stop later (Willow I think) for a short walk to the hospital.

Wherever you stay I find that the Vancouver transit staff can be amazingly helpful in providing information to get you to your destination.

Members of our family have stayed at Park Inn several times when attending appointments at VGH or local clinics. Service has always been excellent and they have gone above and beyond to make our stays comfortable. When booking let them know it is a medical trip, they may have a special rate available. Remember to keep receipts for flights and hotel, taxis or transit, as tax deductible medical expenses. Meals can be a per diem.

Thanks for the info - very helpful!!

There is also the 'Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre(Broadway) located very close to VGH and a myriad of medical offices. It is about a 3 block walk from the Broadway/Cambie Canada Line station from the Airport and is surrounded by coffee shops, eateries, London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart among other things. It is half a block from Heather St. and once you cross Broadway, it’s a short jaunt up to the hospital. Ask for the medical rate. Very quiet hotel.

Thanks again!!! I went with the Park - the rate was better and the woman on the phone was amazing!!