Hospitality Network

Really,  Just don’t pay,  don’t watch TV,  Bring a book,  have someone read to you.  Bring a laptop or a portable DVD Player.  You can get one for under $200  and rent movies. It’s pretty normal to have this service,  Just because we live up north does not mean we are immune to this sort of thing.

Actually that makes me think. I would be way more interested in internet if I was in the hospital than I would be TV. Do they offer wifi at the hospital?

its all secured I have not found one on any floor that is opened!  :smiley:

Local providers don’t get to bid. Local hospitals don’t get to decide. This is a contract for BIGGIES to do the whole show for all BC.
Our TV Society head-end is beside the Hospital. But they still have that $10 a day stuff. So you pack a portable into the room with a UHF-loop antenna and the nurses here won’t say squat.
It makes money for the hospital. Like the vending machines and parking lots.

I don’t think the hospital would deny that–so I fail to see the issue.

Lets see… 6 posts on an issue you don’t see, two before you acknowledged you were talking without current knowledge… Mmm typical eccentric yapping.

I just wonder sometimes how many times eccentric gets hit across the back of the head in a day

Sigh.

I see the issue, but I don’t think it’s noteworthy.

I didn’t have current knowledge because I replied to the original poster, who didn’t indicate that the Hospitality Network was actually up and running.

Bandit, to answer your question. Forty-two times.

So you enjoy commenting at length on issues that you don’t understand… Ok no news there.

I’m sorry, Mr. Rimmer. Where do you stand on the issue? Do you think the Hospital should provide free television to patients?

thank you

LOL, it’s getting to the point I’ll have to go to the hospital because of the damage to my ego. Better bring my credit card.

:smiley: “I don’t think it’s noteworthy”

I’d imaging the reason Citywest isn’t providing this service is the same reason they didn’t provide mobile data services until Rogers came along.

“We asked around, and there doesn’t seem to be a need for this service.”

Remember that quote?  Whenever you have a question about Citywest, that’s probably the answer.

Don’t remember anyone suggesting that it should be free, just not extortional…

We offered to run a cable from our head-end for the Hospital, but they ‘needed’ the revenue at the time.
Years later, they make more from the Auxilliary’s Daffodil Lunch than they do from Hospitality Network. With 4 whole beds left here they could buy an MRI every 10,000 years!

The OP suggested that the change from free TV to pay TV was unacceptable. Also, it’s not extortion if the person isn’t forced into paying. If you don’t want to use the service, don’t.

Should hotels not be able to sell minibar items at high prices just because the prices are high?

that kind of pisses you off, i bet… :smiley:

I wanna laugh, but I don’t get it. :frowning: What do you mean member formerly known as Astrothug?