Highway OF Tears update

Interesting item on CBC Daybreak this morning. Reports are that the RCMP has requested
DNA samples from all Prince George taxi drivers! It went on to say that any Taxi driver
that will not volunteer a sample will be considered a suspect!

theglobeandmail.com/news/nat … le1907365/

[quote]In an effort to generate leads, police have been taking DNA samples from taxi drivers in the city, but declined to discuss the practice late Monday evening.

“There’s more to it than that,” said Corporal Craig Douglas of the local detachment. “I can’t say anything without checking with the right people – I want to make sure I’m not compromising someone’s investigation.”[/quote]

I haven’t read the story yet, but I heard a blurb about it on Global this morning. Taxi drivers seem a little far fetched, tho the girls missing or murdered around PG it could be. Personally think Semi truck drivers would be more under their radar. But then again who knows it could be more than one person doing this.

I can’t be the first person who’s immediate reaction is “Really, RCMP? Really?”

Provide us with a voluntary DNA sample or you will be considered a suspect?

That’s not setting off alarm bells for anybody else?

[quote=“Eso”]I can’t be the first person who’s immediate reaction is “Really, RCMP? Really?”

That’s not setting off alarm bells for anybody else?[/quote]

Sets off alarm bells for me. My response would be fuck you rcmp. Hopefully the cabbies band together and tell them to get fucked.

[quote=“Eso”]I can’t be the first person who’s immediate reaction is “Really, RCMP? Really?”

That’s not setting off alarm bells for anybody else?[/quote]

No shit eh? The fact that they think that way is terrifying, that they hold that ideology (yes, its a form of “ideology”) strong enough to make public statements such as that is cause for everyone to be worried what hitlist their name is on. Looks like just living in a certain area, or having a specific job makes you guilty until proven innocent. That assole’s comment is meant as a direct threat to all the taxi drivers in P.G… Where is our governing fools who are supposed to protect us from this type of criminal stereotyping as its illegal, and more imporatantly its immoral.The end result is it harms the people its supposed to be protecting, the statement “injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere” is accurate, the RCMP needs a serious internal review by an outside org. of its fundamental policies.

The governing fools are
conservative.ca/team/meet_our_mps/