Highway of Tears breakthrough?

cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c … vance.html

[quote]The RCMP will announce Tuesday that DNA has proven that a U.S. man was responsible for the 1974 slaying of Colleen MacMillen, one of the victims on B.C.'s so-called Highway of Tears, CBC News has learned.

Sources have confirmed to CBC News that DNA links Bobby Jack Fowler, of Oregon, to the 16-year-old’s death. Fowler died in prison in 2006.

The RCMP said in a release earlier Monday that they would announce Tuesday “a significant development” in their ongoing efforts to solve the cases of 18 women missing or killed in northern B.C.[/quote]

I believe that is so full of Bullshit as for the individuals who have lost someone via the Highway . I honestly believe that it is a cop out from the Higher Up RCMP Brass , riding on

some American coat tail. So now does every one walk away and get on with life . Too many Gaps left wide open for the public to suck this one in.

A development, perhaps, but a “significant” development they fell short on providing the public. Either they have a SHWACK load of stuff they aren’t telling, or I am misunderstanding the meaning of the word “significant”.

A significant let down, for sure! :frowning:

I agree I was expecting way more with the announcement

[quote=“Justin Case”]I believe that is so full of Bullshit as for the individuals who have lost someone via the Highway . I honestly believe that it is a cop out from the Higher Up RCMP Brass , riding on

some American coat tail. So now does every one walk away and get on with life . Too many Gaps left wide open for the public to suck this one in.[/quote]

I don’t understand your post. They now know who killed one girl and possibly 2 more. Is this not a good thing?
Also, your phrase “lost someone via the highway” infers the highway had something to do with it. It is obvious that this is a northern BC issue, not a highway 16 one.I think it is the press that keep using that inappropriate moniker “Highway of Tears.”

It’s a long stretch of highway crossing a lot of different towns to expect a large break in “the” case is a bit foolish being that there are many cases and there is nothing (to my knowledge) linking them other than the same highway and the fact they were hitch hiking.

That said I sympathize with people wanting answers and can certainly understand the frustration with the media with how they built this news up. It’s good they found the person responsible in one case but it is certainly not the big deal the media made it out to be.

Hopefully one day everyone will have their answers.

Yes I believe this was or has been Blown up for many reasons and it was all conducted by the RCMP HIGHER UPs , they have so many other negative things to deal with at the present. One Dirt Bag who died in prison who could never defend himself , guily or not . So many families who may now be left with no answers nor closure.
The bottom line is no one came out of this News Brief a winner .

I wouldn’t say no one. Just because the asshole who killed that girl is dead now, doesn’t mean finding out it was him who did it didn’t bring closure to the family. At least they know.

[quote=“Justin Case”]Yes I believe this was or has been Blown up for many reasons and it was all conducted by the RCMP HIGHER UPs , they have so many other negative things to deal with at the present. One Dirt Bag who died in prison who could never defend himself , guily or not . So many families who may now be left with no answers nor closure.
The bottom line is no one came out of this News Brief a winner .[/quote]

Wow… conspiracy theory much?