Nah…there’s beer.  Just bought some. :smiley:

rad pics…is that my cousin’s house?

No thats your house…

that looks like that shanty you built in port ed

that’s a nice pic of you there maxie

Thanks for posting the Pics :smile:

But do the Internet speeds still suck?

LOL, finally reason returns to Podunk

Hah, I’m actually in Richmond right now. That explains it.

Although with the particular IP address I’m on right now, when I go to speedtest.net, it tells me my closest server is in Presque Isle, Maine.

… it floated down to your cousin’s lot!

If people think the highway will open in the next week, I think you are sadly mistaken! Only 10 % of the snow pack has melted, if the weather gets hotter or if we get more rain it will cause faster meting of the snow pack, if the weather stays colder then the snow will melt slower. The river has not crested, sure water levels have subsided In Terrace do to snow melting slower, but it’s going to rise again. I think its going to be 3 to 4 weeks maybe even 5 weeks before the road is safe to travel on……

:cry:Well now that makes for some shitty news Here I was looking forward to the fine dining in Terrace and the shopping , I even thought of getting into some fishing . Well I hope for some cold weather then and our levels of government to come and get things all back together again . There sure are so amazing pictures going around out .

Where did you get that figure from?  I heard 40% on CBC radio.  I wonder where one can find this information. 
Nevertheless,  I guess this has to melt:
http://www.shamesmountain.com/images/NeverTooMuchofaGoodThing.jpg

On the Drive BC site they had mentioned that only 10% of the snow was melted.

Anyways on the news last nite i was saying  HIghway 16 between rupert and terrace should be open today but 1 lane traffic at 1 spot only. so we are no not stuck and can go to terrace so anybody going i would love to go, i dont drive lol

I call Bullshit:

from Drive Bc this Am.

Closed indefinitely in both directions from Port Edward Turnoff to Terrace because of Flooding. The highway will remain closed until flood waters subside, damage to the highway is assessed, and necessary repairs are completed to allow for the safe passage of traffic. Updated on Sun Jun 10 at 8:13 am.

like i said it will be closed for some time the road was washed out in places and will take time to repair… if u got a boat u can go to terrace…

I too watched the news last night and it did in fact say that it might possibly be open today.  This is what THEY said.  Obviously it isn’t going to be paved highway the whole way due to washouts but I’m sure they can fill the spots in good enough for a vehicle to pass over for now.  I think they stated today would be a best-case scenario…more likely to be another day or two in my opinion.

I was going to say that we should start a contest to predict the day and time of the road opening…

DriveBC:

Road reopened from Port Edward Turnoff to Junction with Nisga’a Highway, in Terrace. Updated on Sun Jun 10 at 11:43 am. (ID# 47276)

From DriveBC

Wash Out 25 and 28 km west of Terrace. The road is reduced to single lane alternating traffic with up to 20 minute delays. Updated on Sun Jun 10 at 12:31 pm. (ID# 47296)