High pitched screeching noises on west side of town

There is a very high pitched screeching noise that goes off and on all day long on the west side of town. On Monday I could hear it from the hospital parking lot. It has been going on for so long it’s starting to sound like nails on a chalkboard!
If anyone else is bothered by this would you please call the Port Authority community comment line at 250 627 5621, and let them know. Surely the construction workers have access to some type of lubrication that could fix this!

Whiners …

u want some earplugs?

[quote=“Tona”]There is a very high pitched screeching noise that goes off and on all day long on the west side of town. On Monday I could hear it from the hospital parking lot. It has been going on for so long it’s starting to sound like nails on a chalkboard!
If anyone else is bothered by this would you please call the Port Authority community comment line at 250 627 5621, and let them know. Surely the construction workers have access to some type of lubrication that could fix this![/quote]

You know this is Port problem from sure ?

I doubt that noise is from them

If it is originating from Moresby area, it could actually and seriously be porcupines mating. No giggling allowed ! They make a loud, screeching noise to attract a mate and it can continue for days! We have a large porcupine population on the outskirts of town, may well be ! Heard the noise from Kwinitza yesterday, sounded like a hurt and frightened dog. Could just be one of the cranes moving against the docks also, I don’t know .

This noise was absolutely made by a piece of equipment the construction workers at the pellet plant are using. It started EVERY DAY between 6:30-8:00 am continuing off and on until 10:00 pm, and this has been going on for 3 to 4 months. Past tense, as it seems to have stopped yesterday (sat 14th). So thanks to anybody that helped! I think this shows that they could have fixed it ages ago but chose not to, they are either unaware of their surroundings or just don’t give a crap.

Psst, I think it has been mentioned before in this forum but, here goes. It’s an industrial area. They do not have to give two shits about the noise they make. It’s not like it goes on all night, and from what it sounds like, doesn’t continue into the time where the noise bylaw is in effect.

I would have bet it was my sister in law…