Help Computer Bios

For some reason i have to reset my bios everytime i start my comp. So Usually I leave it on 24/7.
If i dont reset my bios it frezes up at the mobo logo.

Help?

[quote=“yngwie_69”]For some reason i have to reset my bios everytime i start my comp. So Usually I leave it on 24/7.
If i dont reset my bios it frezes up at the mobo logo.

Help?[/quote]

It could be the battery on the mobo. Have you recently done anything to it (the battery, that is)?

I havent touched the battery, i wouldnt think i would have to since the board is only a year old

year old doesnt mean any thing it could be a defective battery try a new battery then after that update the BIOS…

She’s right dude, like Metallica shouts…

“Battery”

And if you do decide to update your bios. B very carefull. Check out some transcripts from the show “Call for help TV” on techtv.com. There is an episode that he did on bios updates.

:smiley:

If you’re not comfortable with flashing the BIOS, get someone who knows how to do it for you. If you screw up, the board screws up. For the record, I also believe the battery is causing the problem you described. Open your case, write down the battery model number and start shopping.

I have fixed motherboards with bad bois’s when they flash them they screw em up. BUt only with the boards that the bios chip comes out of the board. : O )

Something this guy wouldn’ be able to do.

Only 5 bones, so ill see if that does the trick

yeah i see that. : O )

How are things going Landon ?