Help Car winshield wiper arm

You know your wiper blades, when u follow them down theres two arms down there. Ones connected on the other like a trailer hitch. I turned them on one day and i heard a snap/pop sound. I looked and it had popped off. I put it back on but it keeps popping off.
What do i do

you have to snap it, stupid. you snapped it and it popped out, now if you pop it you have to snap it to reverse the witches spell.

[quote=“yngwie_69”]You know your wiper blades, when u follow them down theres two arms down there. Ones connected on the other like a trailer hitch. I turned them on one day and i heard a snap/pop sound. I looked and it had popped off. I put it back on but it keeps popping off.
What do i do[/quote]

omfg u have worked at a gas station for ions and still can’t figure out windshield wipers?!

There are a variety of possible “styles” of wiper arm fastening. If there is no threading cut into the end of the wiper pivot (the point at which the arm attaches), then it is simply a press-on one.

If this is for your Geo, yngwie, most GM cars that I’ve seen are a push-fit type. Simply seat it (make sure that your wiper motor is at full rest when you put it on, so that you know where it is supposed to line up with the splines of the pivot), and push it on. You may need to use some striking force with the palm of your hand or a small hammering device. If it feels like it’s fully pushed on, but it stills comes off, visually inspect the splined surface of the pivot for damage. Most likely, though, it’s time for a new wiper arm. Check with the autowreckers, your car is a fairly common one, and they should have something compatible. Else you can go to GM and order a new one. Probably $10 from a wrecker, $30-40 from GM.

Edit: I’m not sure if it’s exactly the same, but I just looked at a new one from GMPartsDirect.com, and I looked under 1994 Chevy Sprint, and a new one is $35.68 USD. Not too sure what year your ride is, or if the Sprint/Firefly will have the same wiper parts.

Also, Slashdot first post.

I saw that shit at work today. I did a double take when I saw “hackingthemainframe” in the content of the discussion.

Nice frosty piss Eso.

Or, if it’s on the passenger side don’t worry. They don’t need to see where you’re driving.

amen