Head on MVA between Rupert & Terrace?

I just heard that there was an accident between Prince Rupert & Terrace. I hope all parties are okay!

The roads look like shit…I wouldn’t want to be driving the highway tonight!

Kasiks webcam: images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/p … w/146.html

Just came back from Terrace… The roads are fugly. Wet snow… Very greasy. Passed two wreckers between Exstew and the rail crossing with two vehicles that had significant front end damage. Looks like the head-on that was mentioned.

Stay off the highway tonight but if you have to go give yourself lots of time.

Word of advice everyone:

Don’t drive at night during winter. Deer and Moose like to run around during winter.

[quote=“Hoser”]The roads look like shit…I wouldn’t want to be driving the highway tonight!

Kasiks webcam: images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/p … w/146.html[/quote]

We should remind the guys who manage the stretch from PR to Smithers that not everyone have a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta series tires installed on their vehicles, and not everyone owned a Subaru with a sumo wrestler in the back seat… =.=

Actually the company that manages the highway in rupert, their district only goes to kwinitsa !

You did not see what type of vehicles they were by chance?

The video footage I just saw shows the westbound vehicle was an older (possibly dark green) jeta, maybe? And the eastbound vehicle is gray. It was a head-on collision. One person was on a stretcher by the ambulance.

O’Brien Road and Bridge maintains the ‘Rupert’ portion of Hwy 16 from the Fairview ferry dock to 52Km east
at a point about midway between the Basalt Creek rest stop and Telegraph Point.