Greyhound Killer

So they are granting Greyhound Killer " Le " walking privileges, so how is that for our Great Canadian Court System.

sounds fucking retarded.  And we wonder why our country is so full of douche bags, they all come here to do the crime and get away with it.

Just to be clear. Vince Li didn’t immigrate to Canada just for the intention to commit criminal acts, unlike the others who moved to the lower mainland for the purpose of drug dealing, human trafficking, and money laundering. Clearly he was diagnosed as schizophrenic, and doesn’t really know what he was doing at the time of the murder aside from hearing voices from “God”.

And I don’t see what’s the fuss about granting him a 15min to 1hr walk, especially it was his doctors who recommended it, and tightly supervised and within the bounds of the mental health facility.

That’s the problem with mental ilnesses, people don’t understand them, and they never will.

I think most people Bubba do understand and empathize with mental illnesses and are supportive and understanding.  To understand ,however, the enormity of the horror Mr.Li inflicted is something that I would imagine ,if we are honest with ourselves, we will never understand. It is one thing to sit on the sidelines and say no one understands but I would have to wonder if it were you or I or anyone on the bus that day and foremost the family of the victim, how understanding we would be having witnessed such horror.  Let’s be honest now, how many of us when hearing of this crime felt much compassion for Mr.Li?

The man was crazy and proved it by cutting another mans head off,in front of people,on a bus. The money that we are spending to understand this person and care for him the rest of his life is just as crazy. What are we trying to save in this human being?,will it make us more humane as a society to treat him as the true victim?. I don’t know, but I think he deserved to take the long sleep however humanly we could have provided it to him.

I say put the killer to sleep with a needle. He killed a innocent person for no reason. The tax payers now are going to pay his medical bill jail bill and living expenses for 80 years now ? 100$ bets that this guy gets out in 20 years too.!

I would suspect that now that Mr. Li is on meds he is horrified at his own actions. As he is on his meds and his doctor(s) is recommending these walks, he probably isn’t much of a danger to others.

When do Day Passes kick in and can anyone take him for a bus ride?

Ummm… I don’t think it’s about “understanding a person”. Understanding a person would be finding out the motive of a person who doesn’t have mental disorder, and know exactly what he’s doing.

But Li has mental disorder and he’s diagnosed as schizo; doesn’t know what he did until he regained his mental consciousness.

Yes he killed someone for no reason, but was it also his intention?

He cut a man’s head off. He did not stab someone,shoot someone,or beat them to death all of which are bad. He cut a man’s head off in a bus full of people and should have been shot on site. Mental illness or not he went full crazy and I assume that the people who witnessed it are still picturing it to this day, to bad we cannot ask them what they feel a proper punishment could be.

Maybe in his crazy state he did intend to kill someone.

At the very least, he should be locked up for the rest of his life.  He could be fine on his meds…for now…but whats to stop him from not taking his meds and cut someone elses head off?  I don’t think we should have to be worried about something like that.

Personally, I think he should see the same fate as his victim…mental illness or no mental illness.

[quote=“Hoser”]
At the very least, he should be locked up for the rest of his life. [/quote]

He is a very sick man.  I can not see him being released.  A schizophrenic person suffering delusions is very dangerous. 

The whole point of showing people with mental disorders, even ones who have done terrible crime like this, some compassion, is so we can get a better grip on these illnesses, and prevent something like this in the future. I don’t think he WANTED to sever an innocent man’s head on a bus full of people, and then wave it around. And I’m sure now that he’s sane, he’s probably just as horrified, if not more so, than the people who were on that bus.

Imagine, being responsible for something like that, but you had absoloutely no control to stop it happening. In fact, you probably weren’t even aware you were doing it. It just happened. BLAM just like that.

He probably will spend the rest of his life in a facility for the mentally ill. We won’t find him on the streets, or on the busses, or anywhere in public. He likely will have to take medication for the rest of his life as well, just to keep himself sane. And, while he is sane, he will live with the regret of doing what he had no conrol over.

I don’t think that guy ever wants to live since he killed an innocent guy, and knowing he have to live with the illness for the rest of his life.

He should be given a choice of euthanasia if he doesn’t want to live this way.

But how do you know he didn’t want to kill someone?? Unless you’ve been declared as schizophrenic, then you have no idea whats going on inside their head at the time, or after.  

Maybe he has no remorse at all? I don’t know, but the uncertainty leaves me to show him no sympathy whatsoever.  

I don’t think pity is what people with mental disabilities want. I believe they prefer equality and empathy. 

[quote=“StackedSports”]
Unless you’ve been declared as schizophrenic, then you have no idea whats going on inside their head at the time, or after.  [/quote]

At his trial it was suggested that he is schizophrenic and not criminally responsible for what he did.  He is a very sick man.  He will be in custody for the rest of his days.  I really feel for the family of the murdered man, this is a tragic event that never should have happened.  I am hopeful that more safeguards will be put in place to support/treat people who may become dangerous.

Then YOU go live in a community where he is free!  I don’t think my children should have to live in fear of someone like that, or I should have fear for my children!

Ummm… I don’t think she’s suggesting that the dangerous mental guy should be allowed to walk out without any oversight.