Got sunshine?

Hmmm, Durham eh, all I can say is best to be careful about your neighbours…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4cz7Sasbsg 

:imp: :astonished:

We must all thank Chrisj for sending us all this sunshine. 9:30 am  18 degrees  thank you so much there buddy

Durham?  Dude, just hope the Durham Regional Police don’t have tasers.  Those guys make the RCMP look like alterboys.

Are you freakin’ kidding me?  We moved here just over a year ago from Mackenzie - by far the best drinking water out of the tap I have ever tasted.  That being said, I haven’t had the opportunity to sample all tap water in all the towns/cities in BC, but Mackenzie was damn good.  It doesn’t have a yellow/brown tinge to it like it does here and it tastes like you just took a scoop of the water at the beginning of the watershed run (read:  top of the Rocky Mountain Trench that Mackenzie backs onto) - crisp, clean - fabulous.

I am not saying the water here is complete crap - it has some of the water I’ve tried out of the tap beat hands down (ie:  Vancouver!) 

Last year I even did some experimenting - this photo isn’t the greatest, but I think you can still see the differences. 

From left to right:  bottled water (from the drycleaners), brita filtered water, tap water.

I personally hate the fact that the bottled water for water coolers is demineralized, and it’s a PITA to go pick it up (I’m lazy) so we have settled on the Brita -which, when it is used for making ice cubes, still puts a brown/yellow tinge onto the ice cubes - blech!

[attachments over a year old automatically deleted]

Boil the water before making ice cubes and they come out fricken awesome – clean ice that you can see through, no colour and no weird hazy snowish cubes.

Hehe, no problem, you can have it for a while, I’m so burned to ratshit I think I need a few days on the basement floor, I wanted some color well Ive got in now, little too much nuff of the tank top and shorts ay yi yi. I suppose I’ll have a nice tan if I survive the next few nights, gonna have to find out what that sunscreen shit is all about, I could probably cook dinner on my left arm.

Man…this feels like summer…finally:-)  24 degrees in the city. :sunglasses:

Man, you know the sun is intense when I burn. 

I had a baseball cap on and went for a walk downtown for about an hour, man I can feel the sun…I’m a bit tired.  What a beautiful day!! :smiley:

Pfft you and your pasty white skin. Might as well be a ginger!

Send some of that weather this way.  It’s been cold and windy here for the last 3 days.

Nope sorry, Seafest is coming we need to keep the sunshine around lol

That sounds like a whole lot of work for a lazy bum like me. :wink:

It was absolutely gorgeous in Terrace this weekend. Went up there for the drag races. Way too hot on the tarmac though. That combined with the scorching hot engines around me, it was too hot for my liking. But I enjoyed myself, and burned my face. Yahoo for raccoon eyes!

Playing ball today in the sun was a nice change.  No sunburn for me thanks to my SPF 40.