Good laptop?

well, $400

and does the money sign go before or after the numerical value?

Must be looking at the wrong one then, because the Logo runs fine.

I’m beyond excited.
If you hear a high pitched squealing in the next week or two, you know I’ve received it.  :smiley:

=o Please not while I am sleeping! =P

I’ll try not to.
Depends what time you sleep.

Give me a price I am looking for a laptop but not wanting to spend a fortune. willing to spend up to 100.00 for a good used one in working order

A 100$ Won’t get you a good laptop. Good Try tho.

I’ll mention that to the guy I work with, he’s got a 17" A70 with a 3.33GHz.
What should I tell him $104 ?? :smiley:

Two more Macs in the Fort next month…

What macs you getting ? Details :stuck_out_tongue:

We haven’t decided yet. I lug mine around a lot, so I’ll probably go for the 13" Macbook, and Bruce for the 15" Pro. Unless his old lady slaps him upside the head cuz he has a new baby…
(did you know you can photocopy a baby onto 11x17 with the new Xerox? :smiley:)

Sell the baby, buy the Macbook Pro, he needs to tell his wife he needs the laptop, not the baby.!

Thx for the pricing tip! Within an hour of me mentioning that I was going to sell it, I got offered $450 and did. It’s gone…

and instantly discovered the guy who had my HP broke the A key, and got reminded VistaHP’s next to useless for networking jobs…
I have to NetSet onto the default Class C, plug a radio into the NIC and call it’s IP with a browser. VHP will NOT do that. Can’t even ping it. XP, 9X, Linux and Mac work fine. Anyone know how?

If someone ever ported NetSetMan to Debian, I’d use my Asus Eee as a work machine.

Weird, all those work but he vista :frowning: boo hiss. what about rebooting ?

The browser forces the ip to be pulled right ? just like in some hotels that i did support for, you could do ipconfig / renew / release all day would never get a ip, untill you opened a ie/ff window then it worked.

Nope, no browser connection, no ping, ‘limited connectivity’ warning.
Of course it has limited connectivity, I’m purposely limiting it.

I can only assume if I put apache on a computer, gave it 192.168.1.1 connected the unit with a crossover cable and gave it 192.168.1.2… it wouldn’t open the other or ping it either.

VHP seems to have real issue with direct connections. Dunno how many times I’ve told people It’s NOT a fucking PPOE broadband connection! You don’t HAVE to log on! It’s a freaking Network

I think I just forgot how you do it, haven’t had Vista for a couple months. And I really don’t like this flimsy HP P.O.S. laptop, I’m selling it too and grabbing one of those Toshibas.

Here’s the laptop I’ve decided on:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115467

Piece of shit.

I was told Future Shop no longer carries Acer laptops.
It was funny, I sold one thru my shop (similar to that, but new. A lot more) because the buyer wanted an Acer. They were aware of how fast fixmyacer.com had replaced a mobo in the one I used to have (within a week, over Xmas).
I was pushing the MSI which was a better deal (free 2nd yr warranty upon registration), but they didn’t grasp what I was telling them.
"In 2 yrs of selling MSI, I’ve sold them I’ve never sent one for repairs"
was heard as “I have no idea how good their RMA policy is…”

Care to elaborate?

Its a thick piece of plastick CRAPPy bezle and crappy palm rest, the laptop is slow. Its for some one that just wants to check email. Trust me. its a pos.

Care to post a link to a better $750 laptop?