Gondola.. revisited

I think Rupert should rebuild the Gondola up Mt. Hays, for the cruise ship traffic.

no, seriously.

Oh, seriously? I thought you were interested in the huge amount of potential “trail building” energy up there. :wink:

no, its more the gravitational potential energy im stoked on.

thats secondary to my wish that Rupert becomes a glowing tourism-based ecometropolis.

cough cough…

Man, public libraries are so unfuckingbelievably cool.

I mean, such shameless, profitless promotion of knowledge. It wasn’t until I was watching The Last Crusade and I saw the Nazi book burning scene that I realized this. Knowledge should be shared and preserved, not obliterated in a frenzied fire of intellecticide.

Share knowledge? How un-Ferengi of you.

Hah, I actually perused this book at the library once that was “the Ferengi bible” or “the Ferengi Rules of Life” or something like that.

The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

#1701 It is immoral to leave money in the hands of a sucker.

#279 Ask not what your profits can do for you, ask what you can do for your profits.

The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

34 # Money is more important then a brother but never a mother.

KRYTEN (To LISTER) Sir, can’t you see your behaviour is totally
irrational?

RIMMER In which case we can remove him from duty as per Space Corps
Directive 1_9_6_1_5_6.

KRYTEN 1_9_6_1_5_6? Any officer caught sniffing the saddle of the exercise
bicycle in the women’s gym will be discharged without trial? Hmm, I’m sorry sir,
that doesn’t quite get to the nub of the matter for me. (To LISTER) Sir, we have
enough thistles and weeds and cultured fungus for you to scrum yourself stupid
until the day you die. This foolhardy trip beggars logic.

i was going to split this thread
and then it got saved by a red dwarve quote

[quote=“Lemrac”]KRYTEN (To LISTER) Sir, can’t you see your behaviour is totally
irrational?

RIMMER In which case we can remove him from duty as per Space Corps
Directive 1_9_6_1_5_6.

KRYTEN 1_9_6_1_5_6? Any officer caught sniffing the saddle of the exercise
bicycle in the women’s gym will be discharged without trial? Hmm, I’m sorry sir,
that doesn’t quite get to the nub of the matter for me. (To LISTER) Sir, we have
enough thistles and weeds and cultured fungus for you to scrum yourself stupid
until the day you die. This foolhardy trip beggars logic.[/quote]

Rimmer “Kryten please inform Lister of diretive 1_6_8_7_8_9”

Kryten Diretive 1_6_8_7_8_9?? Any naked clowns on Z deck will be

shot on site and sold on a raffel.

that would be nice but the shives (wheels that held the cable) are gone now, as well as the cable itself and the electric drive motor I think too, have all been taken down. The towers are now used by telus and hydro to hang cable from.

There’s nothing there a little go-gettem capitalism cant fix!

I’m entertaining the idea of emailing the dudes who have the sky tram in skagway, telling them of what we have here, the situation w/ the cruise ships, the view, etc. I dont give a shit who does it and makes money on it, I just want a gondola!

I wonder what it would cost to put up a gondola?

I’m sure if there’s money to be made, and you can do up a good business plan, that you can get some money somewhere for it.

But it’s one of those projects that would take a big load of cash up front, before any money is ever made.

Yep. I’m going to spend some time on this, maybe I can talk myself into thinking this is a good idea to work on instead of going to school here again in the spring.

my other idea was to revamp the 1000 steps light rail system, a small diesel engine and a cart thing you could ride up in…how expensive could that be?

haha, thousand steps eh? isn’t that ww2 era stuff? if its in the condition of anything else still around from then, prob a lot of $$$, id stick to the gondola

nah, it wouldnt be a matter of refurbishing the 1000 steps, itd be rebuilding it. i think it’d be cheaper, its a much simpler system w/ a lot less engineering involved, but itd only be a single cart you rode up in, and way more ghetto. still cool though.

gondola would be king though, but just more $.

I only opened this thread because I thought it involved food.

At the Visitor Info Centre people would come in with really old maps and stuff asking where the Gondola was. The looks on their faces when we told them that drunken teens burned it down was something to be seen. Then we’d explain that it was the Chalet that burned down and that the Gondola just got closed.