Gas Prices in Rupert

Since you’re back in Kelowna, go the gas station next to the SuperSave where I used to live… Red means it goes faster. I think he charged 0.880/L, probably around $0.980 now.

I was really surprised how much cheeper gas prices in Winfield were in comparison to Kelowna back in early July.

It was 2 cents a litre cheaper all year. But if you went to SuperSave in in Kelowna, across from Office Depot, they gave 2 cents lower than what they advertised anyway… Plus they rounded down to the nearest dollar.

Saving money hey…

What if, by the time you get to the cheaper gas station…you have used up those cents you are tying to save?

[quote=“X3”]Saving money hey…

What if, by the time you get to the cheaper gas station…you have used up those cents you are tying to save?[/quote]

What the hell do you think? You have my vote for dumbest question of the day.

BTW if you’re buying 50L of fuel at $1.00/L rather than $1.20/L, you’re saving $10 bucks. You can express that as cents if you want, but dollars are a bit more meaningfull.

[quote=“Ivan”]*

No, it’s not about getting to work and back, it’s once I’m at work, my job requires that I make 3 or 4 trips a day to other work sites. Yes, it’s tax-deductible. Since this is HTMF, a tinyurl citation is mandatory :wink:

tinyurl.com/cxq9b for the applicable tax info…

So for example, if you worked as a pizza delivery guy, and were required to use your own car, then your vehicle expenses would be deductible.*[/quote]

I very glad I didn’t buy an SUV a couple of years ago like I intended. Even now I’m considering trading in my Intrepid for something smaller since we no longer need the trunk space for baby gear.

Mike

[quote=“orangetang”]

Since you’re back in Kelowna, go the gas station next to the SuperSave where I used to live… Red means it goes faster. I think he charged 0.880/L, probably around $0.980 now.[/quote]

Well gas across the kelowna has gone up to 108.9 for regular, my cars not on the road just yet :wink: anotehr couple weeks until the tranny gets replaced then I get to complain. But thanks for hte tip I will definitly check it out.

So what’s the going rate in Rupert today? FSJames is 108.9, Vanderhoof 109.9 and Prince George is up at $111.9 yesterday.
When I drove back north on the 21st I gassed up in Abbotsford for 92.4 (the signs read 95.9, but cuz of Superstore they take off 3.5c at the pump), and refilled in Quesnel for $108.9. That was like $13 more for the tank of gas in Quesnel.
I started a thread on britishcolumbia.com for people to post current prices in their town…

I read about the price in Britain today. I don’t know if they call them cents or still call them pence, but a litre cost 89 of them. About $1.75 Canadian.

I really need my car for work
I also run premium so i already pay $1.20 a litre.
i spend about $65 a week on gas

monthly vehicle expenses
payment $618.43
insurance $150.00
gas $260.00 (average)

total:$1028.43

welcome to my world

What kind of vehicle do you have that you put in premium fuel?

Me? Eagle talon… or him?

My new car runs on compressed air:

http://www.motordeaire.com/Img/Atrevete_chica.jpg

http://www.theaircar.com

What did it jump to today? 1.42 cents per litre? Hopefully will go down after the long weekend.

$1.22 I believe.

$1.22 per litre…whoever is responsible for this outrageous price should be beat…brutally…

Man, gas prices don’t really bother me at all.

Markets are driven by consumers. If you don’t like or can’t afford the gas prices, don’t drive. There are always alternatives.

I dunno, I just don’t see myself giving up driving anytime too soon, and I am planning on my next vehicle having a gas guzzling V8.

So when food prices go up, when we get the inevitable inflation of pretty much all other goods, will it be the same thing?

Hey, if you can’t afford to eat, don’t?

What if you’re a retired person, on a fixed income, and all of a sudden everything costs 20% more?