Gas goes up again

Yeah. . I think everyday has an increase of gas price/liter. . But sadly no increase of salary to meet up all the increases of daily expenses. .

Never figured it out in furlongs per dram either, but finding out your mileage is a little more annoying with prepay and higher prices.
My Saturn gets incredible gas mileage, but it’s starting to hurt… last trip to PG burned over $35
I know last winter it was incredibly foggy and I never managed over 85 kmh. I was shocked at how little it burned compared to going 115kmh… I find myself looking at the speedometer and clicking the cruise back a notch quite often these days. Then I convince myself the Starbuck’s Double-shot for the drive home is “free”…

Nice to have a trip computer to tell you how much you’re burning on average. 

With cruise control, the most efficient speed is about 90-95 KM/H.  Then it’s like 5.6L/100KM.  But at 110 KM/H it goes up to 6.5-7.0L/100KM.

So on a good day, at $1.40/L, it costs about $23-24 to go to Terrace and back.

In 2000, I drove from Prince Rupert to Calgary for less than $40.

The minimum wage down here is $7.50/hour.  Since our money is pretty much on par, the fact that overall gas up there is more expensive, jobs up there pay more so it evens out, sort of.  I don’t work at McD’s either.

Also, diesel here is 70 cents higher than gas.

In 1998 I drove from Prince George to Vancouver and back for less than $30.  :stuck_out_tongue:

In 1972 I drove my 63 Plymouth slant 6 from Burnaby to 100 Mile House and back for $6. Carpooled to UBC with a friend in 1970-71, my share of gas was $2 a week and he turned a profit.
The year they voted out Joe Clark for trying to puch gas to 20c/L BC’s minimum wage was $3.75 an hour.
McGas index then was 16.25 L/hr, now down to 6.8

The last year I was in Douglas College, the min wage was $3.25 and the price of a dozen beer was $3.24. Could say the McBeer Index was 1.00 in 1974, the McDraught index was 13.00. No more ‘stubbies’, multiple suppliers, mugs and jugs and premium brands wrecked that indexing scheme…