Fuck every beef growing jackass in this country

they can go fuck themselves if they think people are going to stand for the govt handing out a bunch more ‘aid’ to these ignorant sons of bitches who CANT SEEM TO FIGURE OUT THAT FEEDING CATTLE THEIR GROUND UP PARENTS IS A BAD IDEA.

what are other examples of other industry’s being rewarded for their ignorance???

Well, in their defense, they haven’t fed cattle to cattle since 1997 or so.

Ew, really?

I like the cattle-fed cattle. Gives it that old-timey cattle flavour.

Meat is meat… mmmmmmmm

Has anyone read the book ALivE? enough said

really? I thought they were just removing the organs that were hotspots for harbouring prions, I could be wrong though.

No, the “organs only” is for the human food chain. No more cow brains at Safeway.

The animal food chain is prohibited from using rendered cattle – since 1997, I think.

tinyurl.com/4h7uf

So hey, I’m going to think twice about eating beef myself.

I’ll bet they find that this animal (and the other two Canadian cases and 1 American case) can all be traced back to the exact same feed.

2 Canadian … 1 American?

Those numbers are waaaaaaaay off!

Saw a recent documentary on CBC Newsworld that showed there were almost 500 cases between 2002/2003 in the US alone. Why isn’t anyone else reporting this? Well, the Americans don’t accept that BSE can exist in cattle under, I think it was something like 2-1/2 years.

30 months, yea, 2.5 years.

[quote=“Soggy”]2 Canadian … 1 American?

Those numbers are waaaaaaaay off!

Saw a recent documentary on CBC Newsworld that showed there were almost 500 cases between 2002/2003 in the US alone. Why isn’t anyone else reporting this? Well, the Americans don’t accept that BSE can exist in cattle under, I think it was something like 2-1/2 years.[/quote]

Because nothing is ever wrong in the USA

Holy shit! That’s scary…

But let’s not be smug about it. The North American herd is one herd. There isn’t a USA one and a Canadian one. The big public case in the states was a cow that came from Canada.

So if the states has a bunch of cases, then we do too.

You know they bitch about the cases found here… but none of them ever stopped to think maybe our testing system was just better.

Or maybe they have stopped to think that.

I remember reading somewhere, that last year, no matter the prohibition feeding cattle to cattle that about 60% of cattle farmers still did it…after some testing being done throughout Canada, earlier last year.
Pretty bad, eh?

Any actual proof of this?

just eat moose and stray children…

There is a simple solution: TEST EVERY ANIMAL!

The cattle population in Canada numbers approximately 17 million. In 2004, 8,600 animals were tested for BSE. We’ve had three cases.

Therefore statistically the number of BSE infected animals in Canada is:
3 / 8,600 X 17,000,000 = 5,930.

So, maybe we should test every animal.

Bad calculation. They don’t test animals that aren’t going to have BSE so the figures will be less. You’d need to know the portion that is tested.
(3 out of 8600 * the portion) is still only a possibility, not a valid statistic.
But to be safe, stick to those $50 kilo steaks from Overpricey and avoid the fastfood ‘whole cow in a blender mixed with sawdust’ Big Mucks and Big Uckstras! :laughing:

Do you mean ‘Big Macs’ and ‘Big Xtras?’ Because that would make more sense. Unless this is some weird Prince Rupert thing I don’t know about.