French accents

Ok, ok, he’s trolling, let’s drop it. I fell for it.

[quote=“MiG”]Ok, we’re not arguing about spelling, stick to the issue. Whenever somebody points out that you’re wrong about something, Hoshq, you immediately try to steer the topic somewhere else.

You said that English doesn’t use accents. I told you to look in a dictionary, and you’d find lots of accents. So you’re wrong.

No amount of trolling and trying to change the topic is going to change that.[/quote]

I don’t troll. I firmly believe in everything I say. Although, i might concede that your point of view is valid.

Two dots over a vowel. Like in Mötley Crüe.

You can’t believe in non-prescriptive language (“I don’t believe in dictionaries”) and prescriptive language (“English doesn’t use accents”) at the same time.

I don’t suppose you play chess? I bet I could beat you at that…

[quote=“hoshq”]

Two dots over a vowel. Like in Mötley Crüe.[/quote]

Umlaut. As in Heavy Metal Umlaut:

tinyurl.com/ytr6c

Umlaut?? I have a weird feeling of déjà vu about this topic.

blue oyster cult had one… never even noticed it.

so that’s what Krazy Karl our Norwegian janitor was talking about i thought it was just the vodka killing my brain…

[quote=“MiG”]Ok, we’re not arguing about spelling, stick to the issue. Whenever somebody points out that you’re wrong about something, Hoshq, you immediately try to steer the topic somewhere else.

You said that English doesn’t use accents. I told you to look in a dictionary, and you’d find lots of accents. So you’re wrong.

No amount of trolling and trying to change the topic is going to change that.[/quote]

Since when is HoshQ ever right?

[quote=“hoshq”]

I don’t troll. I firmly believe in everything I say. Although, i might concede that your point of view is valid.[/quote]

This supports Hosh’s statement (in a way)

• It should be noted that there is no official definition of “troll”, and that the term is often misapplied. For example, an individual posting honestly-held opinions that are considered controversial by the majority, is often considered to be a troll. An occasional inflammatory remark in the heat of a discussion, is sometimes labeled as the mark of a troll. A troll’s primary incentive is said to be the incitement of hot words, paranoia and bad feelings. -wordiq.com

Can’t recall last time.

Here’s another national spelling bee moment

tinyurl.com/34nrz

Here’s a link to the video of the spelling bee competitor who faints and gets up and finishes the word. Man, I wish I could spell like that:

http://tinyurl.com/2zhmw