Free unlimited garbage

I haven’t been on HTMF since my holidays began so I’m not sure if this has been posted but the city allowed a garbage pickup last week beyond the two-bag limit and will allow it again this week. This means as many bags as you want AND any cardboard you have.

I think this would be a terrific idea except that it’s unadvertised, meaning that the only people who know are friends of city workers or people who went out to the dump last week and found out from the workers there, as I did. This means that people who don’t have city worker friends or trucks/vans won’t be able to take advantage of it. That’s simply not fair.

If the city is going to cut people a break on the holidays, they should advertise it so that ALL citizens can benefit from it, not just friends or people who got the nudge, nudge, wink, wink from the workers at the dump.

Hey, does anyone know if the recycling center here refuses any grades of plastic?

no they take it all, they sort out what cant use, then it goes south.

[quote=“poolboy”]I haven’t been on HTMF since my holidays began so I’m not sure if this has been posted but the city allowed a garbage pickup last week beyond the two-bag limit and will allow it again this week. This means as many bags as you want AND any cardboard you have.

I think this would be a terrific idea except that it’s unadvertised, meaning that the only people who know are friends of city workers or people who went out to the dump last week and found out from the workers there, as I did. This means that people who don’t have city worker friends or trucks/vans won’t be able to take advantage of it. That’s simply not fair.

If the city is going to cut people a break on the holidays, they should advertise it so that ALL citizens can benefit from it, not just friends or people who got the nudge, nudge, wink, wink from the workers at the dump.[/quote]

So this starts for any city routes January 3rd? I’m presuming the city takes Monday off as a holiday too?

Well hopefully those people here would take the time to recycle cardboard and not leave it to go to the landfill.

Mike

Recycling is awesome.

I wish we had recycling pickup here… didn’t we have it a few years ago? I guess it must have been costing the City too much money.

It was mandatory (recycling) when I lived in greater Victoria. You had to use clear garbage bags and they would bust your ass if they saw anything recyclable in there. Garbage police.

[quote=“smartass”]

[quote=“poolboy”]I haven’t been on HTMF since my holidays began so I’m not sure if this has been posted but the city allowed a garbage pickup last week beyond the two-bag limit and will allow it again this week. This means as many bags as you want AND any cardboard you have.

If the city is going to cut people a break on the holidays, they should advertise it so that ALL citizens can benefit from it, not just friends or people who got the nudge, nudge, wink, wink from the workers at the dump.[/quote]

So this starts for any city routes January 3rd? I’m presuming the city takes Monday off as a holiday too?[/quote]

The city took New Year’s eve off, so they’re working today; at least I’m assuming they are since the pool’s open.

some one must have forgot to tell the garbage crew, cause I had heard this as well and put an xtra can out which got left behind when they did the pick up ? recycling should be manditory, but garbage p/u and the landfill site are municipally owned operations, while the recycling center is run by the regional district. It makes too much sense to have them both at the same location that it will probably never happen.

Well that would be nice, but come on… you have to pass right by one to get to the other.

Mike

The cost to relocate either facility probably exceeds your fuel costs in having to make two stops.

Eso, you manage to always keep us off balance with your occasional bouts of reason! :smile:

Here’s someone who really knows how to recycle some tires… just amazing!

media

Mike

The reason for having both facilities at the same location is not for my, or any one else’s convenience, but if these two facilities were located together and operated properly, there would be twice as much recycled and half as much in landfill, because most people don’t bother to recycle so lots of what could be ends up as landfill. Then they could make recycling mandatory and not allow anything recycleable in land fill. I do recycle everything I can.

And if your aunt had balls, she’d be your uncle.

Or possibly his Auncle?

Mike

No, she’d still be my aunt, but does she recycle?