Former MP Jim Fulton passes away

I did a piece on the blog, but for those that just want the news links, here’s two stories on the passing of Jim Fulton, the long time MP for Skeena and one of the more dynamic of figures to come out of the Northwest.

vancouversun.com/Environment … story.html

theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ … itics/home

Thanks for the heads up on this. I look at the VanSun site daily and sure as hell didn’t see it anywhere yesterday…

Sad news, he was an interesting guy.

Sad news indeed.  He served our community well.

This is very sad news to be sure, I remember the times spent with him in The Rinse. He served us well and he never forgot who one was after meeting them a few times. He always had a great smile and would always welcome news. May he Rest in Peace .

Jim Fulton, the bombastic former NDP MP and long-time head of the David Suzuki Foundation, died yesterday after a battle with cancer.Mr. Fulton, 67, was warmly remembered yesterday as a passionate advocate for the environment and first nations. His blunt and lively style was also celebrated.  From Print Edition, 22/12/08

VANCOUVER — Jim Fulton, the bombastic former NDP MP and long-time head of the David Suzuki Foundation, died Sunday after a battle with cancer.

Mr. Fulton, 57, was warmly remembered Sunday as a passionate advocate for the environment and first nations. His blunt and lively style was also celebrated.

“He was completely bombastic all the time, no matter what the issue was. He had one volume setting: loud,â€

Was he 57 or 67?

I hope we can come up with a better descriptor - Fulton was loud, he was opinionated, he was strong, he overcame fear to speak out when it was needed - he was not “high-sounding, unimportant, meaningless”. (definitions of bombastic - a word I always enjoyed until today)

He was a leader - may we have as many Fultons as we need to WAKE us UP.

according to our newspaper he was 58  so not sure

Most of the obits I’ve read said he was 58, the wikipedia entry for him says he was born in 1950, so that would make him 58…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fulton

His parliamentary biography whic is more indepth as far as his political life than the wikipedia entry also lists him as born in 1950

www2.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Files/P … f81a56c4a8