For anyone out there that is still waiting for vista

And if the native drivers don’t pick it up, use ndiswrapper… I have native drivers for my wireless card, but ndiswrapper works much much better

For the guy saying he’s planning to switch to mac.  I switched a few months ago after being a PC user/builder for yeeeaaaarrrrsss and I don’t see myself going back any time soon.

I do miss having a desktop, though, so it looks like my next purchase as far as computers go will be an iMac or whatever they make these days.  As it is now, I’ve got a 15" MBP 2.0ghz with 1.5GB RAM and it works well for me.

Just installed the free evaluation copy. Although I’m only running 1GB of DDR333, the OS runs crazy fast. I have already had explorer crash twice, but firefox works fine for me, Eso.

My project for this evening is getting OSX 10.4.7 on here.

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

The point that i was trying to get across is that i have not been impressed with the microsoft operating system from XP and up.

im still using win2k

when i look at the betas of Vista all i see is an opperating system that is full of DRM, buggs. delayed for too many years, and it is still based on stuff that made the previous versions of windows crappy.

take for example when apple went from OS9 to OSX, now that was a change
vista is just eye candy, and when you take all that away… its still windows.

so perhapps i shoud have called this topic “who wants to trade windows in for OSX”
my imac is in the mail this verry moment and thats just the beginning
i plan to replace every computer in my house with a mac
i will keep a pc or two for historical purposes and they may make a good server

thats all i have to say

I lived with Vista for a couple hours… Back to XP Lite.

Either my video drivers, dual-monitor stuff, or a combination of the two wasn’t treating me right in RC1… if they get that rectified, I’ll probably start using it more.

XP Lite with Vista Theme FTW!!

Edit:  I actually use XP Lite inside of Parallels.  It’s alright.

Also,

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Sorry to bring back old thread but wasn’t Vista finally launched yesterday?

what are your machine spec’s and did you get osx running ?

I thought it was Jan 30th?
I have a bunch of free upgrade coupons. The coupons were free. The upgrade is $79 US  :confused: