Food poisoning

Well, KFC has done it again.  We don’t get to Terrace that much and managed to head up for a trip this week.  Bad mistake of craving for a nice chicken turns out crappy.  Well, it could be the bad chicken or a batch of bad meat at Tacco Bell.  Anyhoo, my hunni has food poisoning as well as her sister from that fast food restaurant.  Damn…I hope nobody else goes through this…it’s nasty.  :frowning:

Did you call the  Health unit 250 622 6380 and ask to speak to the Enviormental Health Officer to let him/her know?  Suggestion will be to get a tool sample for testing.

hmmmm…no I didn’t.  Didn’t think about that.  U think its a good idea to do that?

I know when ppl do go out to eat, they should expect NOT to get sick and to trust the ppl who are cooking the food or if the food is indeed safe to eat…not expired and all that.

:neutral_face:

Taco Bell and KFC.

You’re destroying my pristine Pac North West paradigms dude.   :smiley:

That is the only way other than regular inspections that the EHO officer is aware of problems.  My last post should read stool sample … sorry I can’t type today. I hav edone it for other establishments in town (2) one was Breakers, I had the stuffed mushroom caps once and was very sick, apparently turns out the mushrooms were bad.

Ted won’t like to hear that maxwell… :smiley:  I got a tad sick once from some soup I had at Fairview but it tasted great…Smoked turkey, I believe…I like to think I already had a stomach bug as I like their food…

Linkt o Northern Health  Inspections    http://www.healthspace.ca/nha

Last Inspection:
KFC/Taco Bell - Inspection Report
Inspection Information:
Facility Type: Restaurant
Inspection type: Routine
Inspection date: August 22, 2008
Number of critical violations: 0
Number of non-critical violations:   3
Follow-up Required:   No

This facility was given a low hazard rating.
More information on hazard ratings.

Violations:
A summary of the violations found during the inspection are listed below.

Code   Description / Observation / Corrective Action
110   Food Not Protected - General
Observation: Unopened bags of flour were found to be wet from placing/falling on wet floor.
Corrective Action: Ensure the three bags of flour marked with “X” are discarded due to potential contamination. Ensure food is stored at least six inches above the floor at all times to prevent contamination and facilitate cleaning.

113   Repeat Improper Sanitary Facilities
Observation: Employee washroom was not provided with paper towel.
Corrective Action: Ensure employee washroom is provided with paper towels at all times.

116   Improper Construction / Maintenance of Establishment
Observation: Floors in the kitchen area were found very slippery due to grease build-up and lack of proper cleaning.
Corrective Action: Ensure floors are cleaned and sanitized regularly to prevent grease accumulation.

Yikes…now that nasty.  I wonder if they have a manager working there? :astonished:

that website kinda freaks me out…but i’m glad the info is made available to the public…I know where I’m not going for dinner :stuck_out_tongue:

Well… how about something down the street…

• Pub - Inspection Report
    Inspection Information:
    Facility Type: Restaurant
    Inspection type: Routine
    Inspection date: May 26, 2009
    Number of critical violations: 1
    Number of non-critical violations:   1
    Follow-up Required:   No

This facility was given a high hazard rating.
More information on hazard ratings.

Violations:
A summary of the violations found during the inspection are listed below.

Code   Description / Observation / Corrective Action
102   Critical Food Not Protected From Contamination - Micro
Observation: Black mold was observed in the ice machine storage compartment.
Corrective Action: Discard the ice in the machine, then clean and sanitize the ice machine before putting it back in service. Note: Cleaned at the time of inspection.

110   Food Not Protected - General
Observation: Some food was observed stored in open pails on the floor in the downstairs cooler.
Corrective Action: Ensure that all food is stored 6 inches off of the floor and covered to prevent contamination.

I’m sure all this was quickly taken care of, but you may want to ask your server or the manager for a tour of the kitchen…

I was not trying to “OUT” Breakers by any means, it is just that my Mom and I both got sick and we shared that as an appy.  Every single establishmnet has had issues with warnings and hazards and I am sure issues of “bad” food. I still eat at Breakers by the way and the incident happened over 6 years ago.

Note if you have a queasy stomach you should not go the website listing the inspection reports.