Fixed!

sweet, i hear iraq is fixed now.

hm, i disagree
Once a corrupt, terrorist nation, always a corrupt, terrorist nation

It’ll be cool if they free Saddaam and bring him back into power.

[quote=“Corrupt_File”]hm, i disagree
Once a corrupt, terrorist nation, always a corrupt, terrorist nation[/quote]

When was Iraq a terrorist nation? I think you’ll find they were the opposite. They have never supported terrorists.

A terrorist nation is a nation that uses fear as a weapon against others. It doens’t have to be another country, it can be it’s own people. I am sure if you went to Iraq and talked to some of the villages, they would say they were dead scared of Suddam. I am sure they would agree he is a terrorist.

Oh, I thought you meant he supported terrorists.

Pretty much every nation is a terrorist nation, then, by your definition. That’s the only real reason many of us follow rule of law – fear.

We don’t steal, we don’t murder, we don’t speed, because we’re afraid of the consequences.

Sure, some of us behave ourselves because we really LIKE society, but many of us pretty much have to be threatened and fearful to obey.

[quote=“MiG”]
Sure, some of us behave ourselves because we really LIKE society, but many of us pretty much have to be threatened and fearful to obey.[/quote]

What a great insight into your mind :smiling_imp: .

Fear acts on levels. The consequences of disagreeing with Suddam – Death. The consequences of dealing with [Martin, Harper, Duceppe, Layton] is nothing. If your a petty theif, it’s a light sentance here. In Iraq… well, ever seen those underground dungeon/prisons on CBC, pretty tough stuff.

Ok, so we’re a terrorist state light ™. We still fear imprisonment :wink: Just not as much as an Iraqi would.

Well, if you think about it, Fear and Terror are 2 different feeling. If you broke the head off your sisters doll, you would fear their punishment, are they terrorists? No, at least mine aren’t.

Yeah, you’re right on all counts, I’m just being hoshq^H^H^H^H^H the devil’s advocate.

But yeah, I wonder how many people would pay income tax if they could get away with it? We generally obey laws 'cause we know they’re necessary. But I think taxes are a different story altogether. Perhaps we pay those 'cause we know what will happen if we are caught.

PS ^^^^^^^ that “cause we know” thing is freaky.

Call me naive but I honestly pay taxes because I believe in a system that can redistribute a certain amount of wealth to every region. Taxes are not bad. The problem is how the people in charge of the treasury decide to redistribute it.

Oh, yes! Iraq is fixed!

And now they have a brand new government.
(a wholly owned subsidiary of the Haliburton Corporation)

Sorry about getting back on topic. :stuck_out_tongue: