First Nations Support

Hey, if you don’t understand the situations we go through. Take a hike!
Fucken liberal bullshit pushing our peopel down and down and down.

And Jesus, Moses, Ten Commandments, what ever you call yourself, it’s not part of everyones cultural heritage. Try living our life.

And part native bullshit. Noone is part native…

:laughing: you are funny, cant answer my question can you? are you going to try and tell me it was all non native fishermen who caused the fish stocks to drop? If so take a walk down to the dock and have a look during hte fishing season I sure see alot of natives.

Its not part of everyones cultural heritage? what about the japanese? why dont they get special fishing rights too? oh I suppose hunting isnt part of anyones cultural heritage? god damn all those white folks must not have eaten much. Its a new world and its time for you and others to understand that. There shouldnt be any special benefits to anyone because of race, history or “culture” everyone should be equal.

At least thats how I see it, people like you really piss me off, just because your ancestors were fishermen/hunters you think you should have more rights than us? but gues what everyones ancestors were fishermen/hunters.

Ok Ok Ok…sorry for the bad lingo!
I am getting of the page, we are just angry because we are not aloud to harvest abalone like we used too. It was the divers who took it all, NOT the first nations people. Things have to change.

:smiley:

:unamused: I know for a fact alot of those divers were natives so dont even try to push that off on others. You and your people need to take responsibility for your part in the raping of the natural resources instead of blaming others. We all fucked up and now we should ALL pay the consequences be it no abalone,salmon whatever not just 1 single group being excused from the laws.

praise jesus.

[quote=“Hi Timez”]Ok Ok Ok…sorry for the bad lingo!
I am getting of the page, we are just angry because we are not aloud to harvest abalone like we used too. It was the divers who took it all, NOT the first nations people. Things have to change.

:smiley:[/quote]

If you wanna harvest like you used to, go right ahead. But do leave everything that wasn’t around pre-1600’s at the dock… after all, thats how you used to do it!

No shit, some people are pretty idiotic. I’m not trying to make a generalization, but I think that people that believe that they have the divine right over everything that goes on here are fucking morons. Pardon my language.

Well no need to thank me. I get paid for being at the courthouse. I’m one of the guys who was watching to make sure that the demonstration stayed a peaceful one. BTW… thanks for keeping it peaceful. :smile:

Oh and if you consider 70 abalone just a few, it’s no wonder why they are restricted. The simple fact is that the result of the court case had neither a positive or negative effect on your efforts to control your own fishery. The Judge simply gave some time to see if the restorative justice people will come up with good idea’s of what to do with these convicted fisherman. Thats much better for everyone than sending them to jail or giving them a fine. He would have done that protest or no protest. To him it wouldn’t matter if no-one showed up or a thousand people showed up.

Clearly the demonstration had a positive effect on you and your group so in that regard you did win. You got the opportunity to make your opinions known through peaceful assembly. Thats a right all Canadian’s have btw.

Hate the DFO all you like. As has been pointed out, a big portion of the fisherman who helped cause this problem were Natives. Back in the 70’s and 80’s, When the restrictions were much looser on fishing I don’t remember Native fisherman protesting and saying they weren’t going to catch thier limit over fear of overfishing. I do remember a lot of my Native (and non-native) friends’ dads getting rich as hell though.

Mike

Oh god, here comes this bullshit.

Seriously, if you want equal, be equal. Get a job, pay taxes, go to school to learn rather than get cheques from the government for not dropping out.

Mike, thanks for that good reply. It’s better than other replies that some people make b-4 they think.

The bottom line is that MY friends were accused of somthing they were not even attending to do.

But here is the true bullshit that is coming from the horses ass!

stanley19

[quote][/quote]

jesus

I don’t know where you are coming from with those comments. If you take some time and talk to elders, you WILL hear the true FACTS!

That’s just fucken bullshit that alot of divers were native!

Good one! :unamused:

Protesters take fight to courthouse lawn

By James Vassallo
The Daily News

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Led by a group of Tsimshian youth, protesters took to the courthouse grounds this morning to fight the erosion of their traditional aboriginal rights.

“A couple of our fellow band members are on trial for picking abalone while they were practicing their culture on Dundas Island,â€

[quote=“Hi Timez”]Mike, thanks for that good reply. It’s better than other replies that some people make b-4 they think.

The bottom line is that MY friends were accused of somthing they were not even attending to do.

But here is the true bullshit that is coming from the horses ass!

stanley19

[quote][/quote]

jesus

I don’t know where you are coming from with those comments. If you take some time and talk to elders, you WILL hear the true FACTS!

That’s just fucken bullshit that alot of divers were native!

Good one! :unamused:[/quote]

I know personally of 3 natives who were divers, Like i said before your elders had a part in fucking things up and its time to own up to it and stop pissing and moaning because you are being forced to abide the same laws as everyone else.

This is a hard one…I think the first nation’s people do have more of a right to food fish along our coast, this is there right.
But I also have to agree with other people here, I have lived in native villages, and I know for a fact, that natives sell there food to non-native, Im not saying all native people do it, but there are more then a few people who do, as a matter of fact I got a call to buy ooligan grease and ooligans. as much as I love it I will not buy it.
As for the abalone I know for a fact that its sold as well, and its picked with native and non native divers. not saying that the group of your friends were going to sell it. but lots of people under the guise’s of food fishing licence sell there catch.

So we need the DFO and you need them, you think you can do a better job at regulating it…I think not. but maybe we need more native DFO agents who understand the need of food fishing.

why is this their right and not mine? I was raised in prince rupert why should i have less rights than someone else who is the same age as me only because i am a different race?

when I fish for food I have to buy a license and fish in areas that are not restricted why is it different for them?

Thats fucking horse shit and its racist we all had and have the same food source so fuck off with this “its our culture” bullshit. Everyone fished and hunted for food my family has fished on hte east coast for longer tan any of your elders have been alive but do you hear me pissing and moaning htat i deserve special rights?

All of us fucked up and ALL! of us should have to abide by the same rules.

If you were protesting on behalf of everyone that would be one thing but your selfish asses only want yet another special status, and you wonder why people are racist. :unamused: